New Uniforms Revealed

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Draf, have you encountered some of your images being converted to JFIF files instead of JPEG or other? I saved your image here to my computer and it saved it as JFIF. My computer and my photoshop program Affinity Photo does not recognize JFIF. So if I wanted to post this back to you or someone else, from my laptop, I can't as it's JFIF.

Any way can you convert this to JEPG and post again? Here's an article.
https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-stop-windows-10-saving-jpgs-jfifs.htm I don't want to mess with my computer settings at this time.

It's not like I want to do anything with your pic here, I have my own, your's is better though. I was hoping to save this as good example though, or soon to ask you to post one like this w/ standard I-State logo or different stripe, Soon I might post some of my ideas, some which have this stripe, no stripe, some with predominant red stripe.

Anyway, if I ever get around to wanting to send some of my ideas to ISU, I may want to include some of yours. I'd ask your permission first. Again, can't do it in JFIF format.

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
@Draf,
Here is another:

Read all the way to the bottom, especially the directions by:

Divorta's absolutely correct, this is the fix simplified
By ZeroCheese Jun 5, 2019 12:05PM PDT

...before going into your registry. Another solution, some say just rename the file with jpeg. That didn't seem to work this time for me.

I'm saving the articles for future. I may try the fix, go into registry, if problem with JFIF continues.

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
Draf, have you encountered some of your images being converted to JFIF files instead of JPEG or other? I saved your image here to my computer and it saved it as JFIF. My computer and my photoshop program Affinity Photo does not recognize JFIF. So if I wanted to post this back to you or someone else, from my laptop, I can't as it's JFIF.

Any way can you convert this to JEPG and post again? Here's an article.
https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-stop-windows-10-saving-jpgs-jfifs.htm I don't want to mess with my computer settings at this time.

It's not like I want to do anything with your pic here, I have my own, your's is better though. I was hoping to save this as good example though, or soon to ask you to post one like this w/ standard I-State logo or different stripe, Soon I might post some of my ideas, some which have this stripe, no stripe, some with predominant red stripe.

Anyway, if I ever get around to wanting to send some of my ideas to ISU, I may want to include some of yours. I'd ask your permission first. Again, can't do it in JFIF format.
T-noah. I have no idea why it's converting to .jfif format for you. I just opened my image, from this site, to a new tab and drug it to Photoshop. It stayed a .jpg file.

Regarding your suggestion of posting one like this w/ standard I-State logo or different stripe: that may be tough and would take some Photoshop work. The photos I post, for the most part, are actual helmets I've created. Not Photoshopped.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
T-noah. I have no idea why it's converting to .jfif format for you. I just opened my image, from this site, to a new tab and drug it to Photoshop. It stayed a .jpg file.
Roger. Ok, so the problem is w/ my computer. Happens to a lot of people lately I guess. Funny (well not really) that jfif is exactly the same as jpeg, but for some reason many computers or applications do not recognize jfif.

Regarding your suggestion of posting one like this w/ standard I-State logo or different stripe: that may be tough and would take some Photoshop work. The photos I post, for the most part, are actual helmets I've created. Not Photoshopped.
Wow! You physically make your helmets, then photograph them? Impressive if true. Good work regardless how you do it!!