Never felt better after a tournament loss

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yeah that’s exactly my point, it was a toss up game in most people’s minds. The only reason this board acts so shocked is because all season long the Big Ten was getting dumped on so losing to a team that everyone says is trash from a trash conference that can’t handle defense feels like this big loss when in reality it was basically a pick em.

I don't think many saw Illinois as bad or Purdue although still not sure with Purdue's recrnt history. They've come out swinging though.

Nobody else in the conference really were very good or capable of doing much.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I don't think many saw Illinois as bad or Purdue although still not sure with Purdue's recrnt history. They've come out swinging though.

Nobody else in the conference really were very good or capable of doing much.
Agree completely with the second point, but the first point no way, everyone was dumping on them to an almost comical degree. Go back and look at some of the ISU/Illinois threads, most posts are talking about how the game won’t even be close and how trash the big ten is.

Agree it’s message board banter but a lot of people really internalized it and believed it

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
ISU on Thursday was a team we had not seen all year. It seemed to me they were just so jacked up. So many layups were overshot, shot over the basket or too hard off the backboard. That's just too much adrenaline. Understandable when so much is on the line, but most of these other teams seem to stay relaxed, play their normal game or even better. That's what it takes to advance.

And Milan getting shut down, Illinois made that a priority, good on them. But it showed that he needs to improve his quickness to get open. I don't think he had an open shot all night.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Its possible for a league to not be great as a whole, but still have a few good teams. Purdue and Illinois have proven to be good teams.
Sure, it's possible and the B10 has those teams, but overall, the conference was not very good, and I see a lot of EIU fans pointing towards the success of Purdue and Illinois and then telling anyone that will listen, "see the conference was really good this year." The strength of any conference is measured from the top to bottom, while the B10 had a couple really nice teams, the ones after that left a lot to be desired. The B12 was a much deeper conference and it showed in the number of teams selected for the tournament.

• Agree
Reactions: FriendlySpartan

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Absolutely love our trio of post players, they impacted the program in so many ways. TJ ended up doing it by committee and it was effective.
But damn, they are such a liability on offense some times. We have to find guys with some semblance of post skill and mid range touch. Tre showed flashes, but so inconsistent.
Dishon looks like he could help.

Last year, it was Pitt letting Tamin float by himself around the perimeter.

Last night, it was Illinois not even guarding our posts if they caught the ball outside the paint, and then using those guys to play help D on Milan, CuJo, etc.

Absolutely crushed our spacing and ball movement.
Agree. Not sure Jackson's midrange game, BUT I do feel JT rock will be a threat there and from deep.

I think JT will surprise, even next year. Hopefully!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron