Ndsu

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
Prayers and thoughts out to AJ and his family. Health is first, let wrestling fall where it may, but always pray for the health of someone.

Indeed. Normally, I can’t stand his level of cockiness. But his is so over the top it’s kind of silly and endearing. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
It's not just wrestling. It's their entire Tier 3 -- WBB, non-con MBB, WR, VB, etc. -- just like Texas has LHN, OU was in a long-term deal with (at the time) FSN. So those two weren't part of the ESPN+ deal like the other 8 schools.

As I mentioned in another thread, I'd love to have all of Big 12 wrestling on ESPN+, but it'd be pretty difficult to arrange the terms and considerations for the affiliate schools.

UNI will be full time on ESPN+ with the full time move to the McLeod Center next year.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
UNI will be full time on ESPN+ with the full time move to the McLeod Center next year.

Schwab voluntarily giving up the West Gym "advantage", or did the potential additional ticket revenue make that choice for him?

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
Head on collision air lifted to Oklahoma City

“ Ferrari was driving and was with a friend when reports say he was passing several vehicles and his car collided head on with another vehicle.”

Jfc, if true then putting others’ lives in danger.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Schwab voluntarily giving up the West Gym "advantage", or did the potential additional ticket revenue make that choice for him?

Two things:

1) An AD that can't be bothered to acknowledge that wrestling even exists. Hell, he can't get football and MBB what they need so there's no shot for wrestling to get anything.

2) They've been warned for 5 years that the West Gym has some structural issues that needed to be fixed or they were going to have to close the balcony (bleachers, railings, a few spots in the floor) and they never spent the money to have them fixed so they can't use it.

They also wont' put the money into the McLeod Center to make it a decent wrestling venue (lighting, staging, etc) so it's going to be an awful, sterile, brightly lit terrible wrestling venue. Schwab HATES being over there because he loses all of the advantages and doesn't really pull in that much more revenue.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Two things:

1) An AD that can't be bothered to acknowledge that wrestling even exists. Hell, he can't get football and MBB what they need so there's no shot for wrestling to get anything.

2) They've been warned for 5 years that the West Gym has some structural issues that needed to be fixed or they were going to have to close the balcony (bleachers, railings, a few spots in the floor) and they never spent the money to have them fixed so they can't use it.

They also wont' put the money into the McLeod Center to make it a decent wrestling venue (lighting, staging, etc) so it's going to be an awful, sterile, brightly lit terrible wrestling venue. Schwab HATES being over there because he loses all of the advantages and doesn't really pull in that much more revenue.

Wonder if he knew this was coming if he would've taken the Illinois job. Seems like he would've had more AD support there

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Two things:

I put out some feelers this morning and what I heard about this was about the same thing. The AD is a complete horses ass about all of this and there sounds like there literally zero support for this move (for obvious reasons). Revenue increase will be minimal at best and like what the hell else are they gonna use the west gym for? I heard there is a groundswell of effort building to throw some money around but idk how far that will go.

It’s just a shame. I’m obviously no panther fan but as a wrestling fan there’s literally nothing like place.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Wonder if he knew this was coming if he would've taken the Illinois job. Seems like he would've had more AD support there

I think in a vacuum he was out the door and in Champagne but there are a couple of big factors in his family/personal life that kept them, and conceivably will keep them, in Cedar Falls.

I'm not sure he's reached the ceiling of what UNI can be but I know he's starting to get close to it.

• Informative
Reactions: stuclone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron