***NCAA Tournament: ISU vs. Lehigh Game Thread***

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I thought it sounded low too, but they just said it was the 2nd highest of all the first round games.

Does the NCAA use funds to run the womens tournament from the mens? Shocking they can afford to run this when other sites aren't getting people to show.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
So, did BF change-up the game plan in the second half, or did Lehigh just start to run out of gas?

Twister Sisters have looked really good since about the 18-minute mark of the second half.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
6738? Lower level must not be as full as it looks.

Gotta remember all of the seats that are not there that normally are.

I'll be a bit sad if we don't pop above 10k for the next game - this chance doesn't come all the time that we get to host these things and be in them..... gotta take advantage while you can!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Does the NCAA use funds to run the womens tournament from the mens? Shocking they can afford to run this when other sites aren't getting people to show.

I'm surprised that 6k and change is the 2nd highest. Maybe bad economy? I would be there if I was anywhere close to Ames.

They do have less overhead using campus sites I am sure, though, but still I would figure there would be better attendance. And of course if ISU wasn't finishing at 11pm the night before a work day I'm sure it would be a lot better.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I'm surprised that 6k and change is the 2nd highest. Maybe bad economy? I would be there if I was anywhere close to Ames.

They do have less overhead using campus sites I am sure, though, but still I would figure there would be better attendance. And of course if ISU wasn't finishing at 11pm the night before a work day I'm sure it would be a lot better.

They really need to find a way to play their first and second rounds on completely different days other than during the mens. Week or two earlier? No way would many people miss out on the mens tournament to watch a local womens game.

I can see why they make the games hard to find on TV. They want fannies in the seats.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Ever since I questioned the selection of Prins over Poppens for All-freshman team, Anna has done all she can do to prove me wrong.

Of course, Poppens isn't doing too badly either. :)