NBA Summer League Update

mpc4isu7

Jun 16, 2007
Taylor & Stinson (Los Angeles Clippers):

Last night, the Los Angeles Clippers scrimmaged the Los Angeles Lakers at the Laker's practice facility, the Toyota Center. Kobe, Baron, and veterans were not present but first and second year players, and then free agents were. Mike T started in the backcourt with Eric Gordon and had an impressive performance tallying 12 points and 5 assists. Still has phases of the ISU Mike in that he gets a little out of control and makes turnovers, but other than that performed very well. Curtis came in first guard off the bench for Gordon and also had a very solid performance. Curtis scored 8 points, had 3 assists and 4 steals. The Clippers won the scrimmage by 20 and are now in Las Vegas at the NBA summer league; playing the Dallas Mavericks tomorrow at 7pm at the Cox Pavilion on UNLV Campus.

Jiri (Phoenix Suns):

Jiri arrives in Los Vegas tomorrow and plays Monday, the 14th, at 5:30pm against the Houston Rockets.

Last edited:

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
Last nights line
Mike Taylor - 9 Pts, 2 To's, 3 St, 4Asst, 7 Rebounds
Curtis Stinson - Played 8 Minutes, didn't take a shot, 0's across the board except for 1 block.

mpc4isu7

Jun 16, 2007
Mike Taylor was just re-offered a contract recently with the Los Angeles Clippers. Roughly $500,000 this year with a $250,000 guarantee. Congrats Mike.

Reactions: cyismydog

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Mike Taylor was just re-offered a contract recently with the Los Angeles Clippers. Roughly $500,000 this year with a $250,000 guarantee. Congrats Mike.

Wow....goood for Mike. I never thought that we'd see Mike playing serious basketball after his trouble here. But he deserves a ton of credit for getting serious about things and working hard.

It does make me sad though that we didn't have him last year.....

Dormeezy

Nov 2, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I just returned from a trip to Vegas and was actually at the game on Sunday night. The Clippers played the Pistons. Taylor started and played most the game. He was pretty sloppy, getting 3 fouls in the first few minutes. He ended up being the team's leading scorer (IIRC) but had a number of turnovers. Stinson came off the bench and in general played well. It would be nice if he could earn a spot on the bench.

Unfortunately for me, Eric Gordon injured his hamstring and did not play. However, his former high school assistant coach was sitting in front of us, and we had some interesting conversations.

OJ Mayo played the game before, so I saw him walk by, but unfortunately wasn't there in time to see him play.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL

That's good. It looks like he'll stick at least for a while then.

mpc4isu7

Jun 16, 2007
Some 2nd round picks do get guaranteed contracts. Most don't but a few do. The contract Jackson Vroman signed as a 2nd round pick was guaranteed for the first year.
'

I was stating that once drafted, there is no guarantee that they will even be offered a contract. IF, or when they get offered, then there is usually a guarantee within the contract; in this case, Mike is guaranteed around $250,000.