National issue finally surfaces in the NFL.....

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Now that the details are starting to leak I wonder how many people are still going to be calling Martin a cry baby and that this is the wussification of America. It appears that this is some F'd up stuff and Martin had enough of it.

And apparently Schefter is saying that he has received texts from other players thanking him for breaking the story that things were really bad to Martin and others.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Is there a limit to how big of a piece of **** you can be before teams won't sign you, if you're good of course? Seems to me like there's always a team that wants to win badly enough.

Yes, I just don't think Incognito is good enough to warrant the baggage that would come with him.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Now that the details are starting to leak I wonder how many people are still going to be calling Martin a cry baby and that this is the wussification of America. It appears that this is some F'd up stuff and Martin had enough of it.

And apparently Schefter is saying that he has received texts from other players thanking him for breaking the story that things were really bad to Martin and others.

I read somewhere that Bush wanted out of there very badly because of this stuff.

I also love that this POS threatens Schefty and he just keeps bringing the heat. If I'm an NFL guy, the last guy I want to challenge is Schefter. That guy has more sources than anyone.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Another main question is depending on how deep this thing goes will Philbin (Ferentz's first OL coach at Iowa) be able to keep his job. If this truly is an organizational issue that could have been dealt with and if the staff had any knowledge of it you would think that he would be shown the door along with everyone else.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I read somewhere that Bush wanted out of there very badly because of this stuff.

I also love that this POS threatens Schefty and he just keeps bringing the heat. If I'm an NFL guy, the last guy I want to challenge is Schefter. That guy has more sources than anyone.

That part made me laugh too. I'm not saying Schefter is always right but if there is dirt on anyone he will find it. Just goes to show you how stupid Incognito truly is when he started barking up that tree.

Edit- Regarding the Reggie Bush issue it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Reading some of the stuff that Beasley from the Miami paper is saying would point to a very dysfunctional organization.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Talked to my dad about this, who's a huge Dolphins fan, as am I.

It's clear something was going on with this team. They are extremely talented and started 3-0 and dropped 3 winnable games in a 4 game losing streak. Definitely think MORE has gone on during the season.

Glad Incognito is suspended for the time being. No time for that **** on any team. It ruins any chance a team has at being successful.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I love the tough-guy speak by a bunch of anonymous message board posters. You guys still think he's a *****?

What's wrong with our country is the ignorance of mostly dumb white men.

Ah yes, take the high road with the ability of hindsight, that makes you seem intelligent and not completely clueless at all. This includes anyone that jumps in on a conversation multiple days later after game changing information was just released to shove thoughts based on prior information in other peoples faces in an attempt to make themselves look high and mighty.

It was reported that he left the team because he was getting picked on, in no way did anyone suspect that he was being threatened and berated with racial slurs - those things don't fall under the term 'picked on' for most sane individuals.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Ah yes, take the high road with the ability of hindsight, that makes you seem intelligent and not completely clueless at all. This includes anyone that jumps in on a conversation multiple days later after game changing information was just released to shove thoughts based on prior information in other peoples faces in an attempt to make themselves look high and mighty.

It was reported that he left the team because he was getting picked on, in no way did anyone suspect that he was being threatened and berated with racial slurs - those things don't fall under the term 'picked on' for most sane individuals.

is it hindsight if you're waiting for some details to come out before making up your mind and calling someone a nutless *****?

IMO this thread is a perfect example of why victims of bullying and/or hazing often have a difficult or impossible time speaking up. They are immediately written off as less of a man for daring to speak up.

Reactions: FarminCy

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere

Actually it would appear he took the high road at the beginning as well by not making "cry baby" and "wussification of america" comments.

Some took it as it was only being picked on and piled on while most with common sense realized there was probably way more to the story that was yet to be released and that's why a lot didn't jump all over Martin at the beginning.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Actually it would appear he took the high road at the beginning as well by not making "cry baby" and "wussification of america" comments.

Some took it as it was only being picked on and piled on while most with common sense realized there was probably way more to the story that was yet to be released and that's why a lot didn't jump all over Martin at the beginning.

No, not at all actually. If you want to take the high road, do it when the conversation comes up, not after the fact in an attempt to make yourself look better and **** all over those that were willing to give an actual opinion.

To think it's being done in anything but a self serving manner is completely naive.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
No, not at all actually. If you want to take the high road, do it when the conversation comes up, not after the fact in an attempt to make yourself look better and **** all over those that were willing to give an actual opinion.

To think it's being done in anything but a self serving manner is completely naive.

So if we wait for more info to make a comment on something instead of blasting away at a keyboard instantly we shouldn't say anything at all. Got it.

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
This morning on Mike and Mike, they had on Mike Ditka, and when asked what he would have done in this situation, he said something to the effect of he would have beat Incognito's ***. Love that guy!

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Regardless of what happened or what's come out, I don't feel the need to sink to the level of judging people based on their personal issues that I have no insight into. It's called restraint, a trait that a lot of humans are lacking these days.