NA Beers that dont taste like monkey butt

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
When I did dry January this year, I was really into Hop Water. Gives you the hoppy taste of beer but has 0 calories. Some of the NA beers like Athletic aren't too bad, but it kind of defeats the purpose for me when it still has like 60-70 calories in a can. Also the Lagunitas Hoppy Refreshers are damn tasty as well if you get into the hop infuser water game.

Reactions: Zenthar

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
My 70 year old Dad recently confessed to me that he has made the switch to decaffeinated coffee. He told me he that he didn't understand until now that he actually wasn't drinking coffee for the buzz or the kick, but rather the taste. Hard to tell if he's just full of **** though.

IlliniCy

May 21, 2008
If you can find them around here:
Labatt's Blue
Molson Exel

Others I like:
Buckler
St Pauli Girl

Busch NA in the can is a solid default choice.

Reactions: VeloClone

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Guinness 0 is brewed with the alcohol in it and then extracted afterwards. It scratches the itch for me when I want a beer but don’t want the after-effects.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
NA beer and decaffeinated coffee will never make any sense to me.
I drink a lot of decaf coffee for the same reason I drink some NA beer. I like the taste of it but don't always want the punch. I can have decaf coffee after dinner and not worry about not sleeping. The same with NA beer. I just want the taste and I don't always need the alcohol.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
To me, Heineken regular tastes like monkey butt.

Going old school, O'Doul's Amber is pretty good. Regular O'Doul's is not as good.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I drink a lot of decaf coffee for the same reason I drink some NA beer. I like the taste of it but don't always want the punch. I can have decaf coffee after dinner and not worry about not sleeping. The same with NA beer. I just want the taste and I don't always need the alcohol.
Exactly.

I use NA beer in a ton of situations even though I also drink alcohol. I generally don't drink on week days, but don't want to go 4-5 days without beer. NA hits the spot. When I'm working long days in the field I like to wind down at night and sometimes even a little alcohol can effect my sleep and in those moments, I need the best sleep I can get. NA helps me get that wind down and has no effect on my sleep. I like to sip on a beer when going for a drive, but if I get pulled over, I'm getting a ticket. Not with an NA. If I'm in a situation where I'm drinking beer over the course of a day, and want to maintain a low level of buzz, I alternate real beer for NA beer.

NA beer isn't just for people who never drink.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Stella Artois was my college/early 20s beer of choice. I recently tried the NA version and it tasted just how I remembered it. So I picked up a six pack for when I feel like some nostalgia of drinking a beer. Otherwise I haven't really had beer for a couple of years.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Confluence's Hop Water is pretty good.

I've never had hop water, curious to how it compares to a generic beer?

Also curious if anyone has tried the actual brand 'Hop Wtr' and their various flavors?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron