Most Popular Cyclones of All Time?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The NIL discussions got me thinking. Who's in your top 5?

My list (no particular order):

1. Fred Hoiberg
2. Johnny Orr
3. Seneca Wallace
4. Georges Niang
5. Cael Sanderson

Honorable Mention: Dr. Geoffroy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
David Carr has a shot to make a strong run at that list. The kid could not be more friendly, positive and likeable. Look at stanzi article about athletes social media following, David is at the top. And combine that with the fact that he is absolutely a devastating hammer on the mat. He might not lose again.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
The NIL discussions got me thinking. Who's in your top 5?

My list (no particular order):

1. Fred Hoiberg
2. Johnny Orr
3. Seneca Wallace
4. Georges Niang
5. Cael Sanderson

Honorable Mention: Dr. Geoffroy

I would not say Seneca Wallace, he gave up the last half of his final year.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No room for the Roland Rocket?
No room for Harold Nichols?
I kind of took it to mean "personal top five" not "overall top five" to the fans. As such, I have no memory of Gary Thompson as a player, and I didn't follow wrestling, so I wouldn't have listed those two. I could be wrong.
I don't know that I could boil personal favorites down to just five. :D

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Checking for clarification: "Most popular" doesn't automatically mean "personal favorite" or "best of all time"? (Although overlap would come into play, for the most part).

I more intended for most popular among the fanbase. But if enough have someone among their personal favorites, they probably qualify. So, I guess it's a little of both.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I more intended for most popular among the fanbase. But if enough have someone among their personal favorites, they probably qualify. So, I guess it's a little of both.
Eh, then I got nuthin'. My favorites often don't tend to be overall favorites. :D

Examples - Ellis Hobbs, Jeff Woody, Chase Allen

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
I would not say Seneca Wallace, he gave up the last half of his final year.
I wouldn't say Seneca either, but not because of his performance - he absolutely qualifies in that regard. But I don't think of him being as publicly personable as many of the other guys on this list. I'd say the same about Cael. Athleticly, they are two of the best we've ever had but guys like Johnny and Georges are on another level because of their candor. Fred was a little dry, but I always felt he was genuine and being a hometown guy buys him some additional clout (at least it does with this Little Cyclone). I'd consider adding Julius Michalik because at the time having a European player was pretty rare and that made him unique.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Eh, then I got nuthin'. My favorites often don't tend to be overall favorites. :D

Examples - Ellis Hobbs, Jeff Woody, Chase Allen
Oh please, KC… Bet you wouldn’t put Chase on there without his hair ;)