Monte, Naz & Georges in G League (Now with new-and-improved Niang highlights)

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
2 minutes of Niang highlights! There's some vintage stuff here - spin move - jump hooks, alley oops and long 3's. Can't believe someone made a video from last night's game already but if you miss seeing Georges' funky game, take a look:

(And whatever you think of announcers of ISU games, you won't believe how bad these guys are).

Last edited:

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
What is going on here

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 49
  • image.png
    image.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 48

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
2 minutes of Niang highlights! There's some vintage stuff here - spin move - jump hooks, alley oops and long 3's. Can't believe someone made a video from last night's game already but if you miss seeing Georges funky game, take a look:

(And whatever you think of announcers of ISU games, you won't believe how bad these guys are).

My god they could have picked someone out of the crowd better.

• Agree
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Georges started tonight for Santa Cruz. You can follow live if you're on Facebook, through this link:

(The announcers might make your ears bleed)

Thanks - watched last night. You are right, those announcers were absolutely awful - so bad, it was actually comical.

spk123

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Des Moines
I agree in principle but I think that the G League is supposed to have better salaries this year.
I’m pretty sure that was last year that they modestly increased salaries - $26,000 is still the highest bracket for (affiliated and non-affiliated) G-League players. Obviously two-way players can make more money (from a minimum of $75,000 up to a max of $275,000 if they spend 45 days in the NBA) - that’s the big innovation for this year.

The appeal of the G-League is that you’re only a call away from an NBA gig where you’d be making the league minimum and obviously playing in the best league in the world. Some guys are willing to “bet on themselves” and take that chance. Nothing wrong with either approach, just depends on the individual.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I’m pretty sure that was last year that they modestly increased salaries - $26,000 is still the highest bracket for (affiliated and non-affiliated) G-League players. Obviously two-way players can make more money (from a minimum of $75,000 up to a max of $275,000 if they spend 45 days in the NBA) - that’s the big innovation for this year.

The appeal of the G-League is that you’re only a call away from an NBA gig where you’d be making the league minimum and obviously playing in the best league in the world. Some guys are willing to “bet on themselves” and take that chance. Nothing wrong with either approach, just depends on the individual.
Wow. Those are some meager wages.

• Agree
Reactions: spk123

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Since Golden State waived him, he’s free to sign with anyone correct? Not sure how that works.

Right, which actually works out much better for him. If he had signed a two way contact he most likely would have spent all year in the G-league with no option to get called up by another team no matter how well he played.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Georges had 24 points in his 2nd game of the G league season. If you only want to see ONE highlight, check out this dish:

If you want to see the whole highlight package, see below:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron