Mississippi River Distilling Company

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Has anyone seen the CF Cody Road in stores? I've been to a few HyVees and Central City in the last week or so and haven't seen it.

As I mentioned above, we saw 5-6 varieties at the Mills Civic HyVee as recently as last night. Within the spirits section, it's in the aisle closest to the entrance to the main store. It's about halfway down the aisle on the top shelf.

As for the CF blend, we had to ask for it at the counter. They said they didn't get many, so they were keeping it very secure. They had three bottles of it left last night. Worth calling before you drive there to see if they'll hold one for you.

Reactions: NickTheGreat

Clonefan23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 26, 2019
Has anyone been able to locate Cody Road around the Fort Dodge area? I am interested in trying it, but I haven't had much luck.

Last edited:

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
As I mentioned above, we saw 5-6 varieties at the Mills Civic HyVee as recently as last night. Within the spirits section, it's in the aisle closest to the entrance to the main store. It's about halfway down the aisle on the top shelf.

As for the CF blend, we had to ask for it at the counter. They said they didn't get many, so they were keeping it very secure. They had three bottles of it left last night. Worth calling before you drive there to see if they'll hold one for you.

Thanks. I went to Mills Civic, but didn't seen the CF stuff. I asked in Urbandale and the dude didn't know anything about it. Told me that barrel picks just go to one store, which I knew wasn't true. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: MJ29

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Thanks. I went to Mills Civic, but didn't seen the CF stuff. I asked in Urbandale and the dude didn't know anything about it. Told me that barrel picks just go to one store, which I knew wasn't true. :rolleyes:

Sorry you didn't have any luck. I don't know how many bottles they got, but it must not have been very many. Per Twitter, the shipment arrived on Tuesday. We were there on Wednesday evening and there were three left by then. And they told us they were only allowing purchase of one bottle per person. High demand is a good sign for Mississippi River Distilling, but what a bummer for you.

Reactions: NickTheGreat

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
I bought a 750 At Benz Beverage Depot in downtown CR a couple of months ago. Can't remember the exact price but I was thinking $28- $30 range. Bought a few other items so can't recall exact price.
Was just down there this afternoon and it was selling right around $30.
Picked up a bottle of OF to try.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I’ve listened to enough CF podcasts that I have to try it. For those who’ve had it, what’s the go to?

I’m a big bourbon guy who also enjoys Old Fashioneds. I liked Knob Creek’s Maple Bourbon, but got tired of the syrupy texture after about 2 drinks. Does the Cody Road Old Fashioned have a similar consistency? Should I stick with the straight bourbon and make my own OF?

I haven’t tried it so can’t say if the CROF is any good but in my experience making your own is always superior to premixed drinks.

Get yourself one of the 2.5 inch ice ball molds, put ice ball in an old fashioned glass,add bourbon of your choice( I like Elijah Craig,Woodford,Cedar Ridge) add a couple dashes of bitters and a little simple syrup, than run an orange slice around the rim and drop it in. Enjoy