Misheard lyrics

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Eddie Money's "Take Me Home Tonight" - I thought that he was singing "just like Ronnie said" but I learned just a few months back that he was actually singing "Just like Ronnie sang."

after all these decades......

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well, I've got one for ya .... even after I knew the song title, I still heard the chorus of "My Kind of Lover" as "Na, na-na-na-nah..."
Guess it's time for me to admit that "That puppy love, oh..." was not the actual lyric of "Can't Buy Me Love". In my defense, it was ONLY audio back then, and the DJs only gave the titles between four to five songs. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Guess it's time for me to admit that "That puppy love, oh..." was not the actual lyric of "Can't Buy Me Love". In my defense, it was ONLY audio back then, and the DJs only gave the titles between four to five songs. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
When the Bangles first hit I thought the song title was, "Honest, I See You." Because that's what I thought they were singing. It was, of course, "Our Lips Are Sealed."

The other one was the Monkees Theme. I thought it was "Went to Betsy Singing to put everybody down." It is "We're too busy singing to put anybody down." It was a tiny 4" speaker on a 10 year old Black and White TV. And we were on the fringe of the reception area.

Reactions: cyclones500

AdRock4Cy

Jul 21, 2010
Ankeny
Green Day - Welcome to Paradise. “And now it feels like I’m in Mt. Ayr on my own, and I’m feeling’ so alone…”

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
So far I am the only person I know that’s ever had this specific issue…

The Adventureland jingle:

“Come on over to Adventureland, you’re going to have a fun damn day!”

I have tried everything to “hear” (and/or listen for) this correctly, my brain simply cannot correctly hear the correct lyrics. Decades of this… :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
When the Bangles first hit I thought the song title was, "Honest, I See You." Because that's what I thought they were singing. It was, of course, "Our Lips Are Sealed."

The other one was the Monkees Theme. I thought it was "Went to Betsy Singing to put everybody down." It is "We're too busy singing to put anybody down." It was a tiny 4" speaker on a 10 year old Black and White TV. And we were on the fringe of the reception area.

I totally can understand people mishearing Our Lips Are Sealed.

That series of misheard lyrics books that published a couple of decades ago, listed a mishearing of the line as "Alex the Seal." That still makes me chuckle.

Monkees theme, that's a creative one, I like it!

(Note: The Go-Go's, sted of The Bangles ... I know you know that, just a slip. :))

Last edited:
Reactions: MeanDean

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I totally can understand people mishearing Our Lips Are Sealed.

That series of misheard lyrics books that published a couple of decades ago, listed a mishearing of the line as "Alex the Seal." That still makes me chuckle.

Monkees theme, that's a creative one, I like it!

(Note: The Go-Go's, sted of The Bangles ... I know you know that, just a slip. :))
Of course. Wasn't fully engaging my brain. Thanks for fixing that.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyclones500

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up problem in a muddled up, shook up world
Except for Lola

I never knew what they were saying for the longest time, so I made up what I thought made sense at the time.

brother bob

Feb 20, 2008
7 Seas of Rhye
When I was in the Army, we had a weekend pass and went to a local establishment. We met up with some of my buddy's friends, there was 8 of us in total. We were listening to this band play and at an intermission they played Bohemian Rhapsody.

One of the girls that was with us started to sing along and we just let her. The song got to the end of the operatic section and the lyric is: Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me...

She sang What the F has the devil's motorcycle for meat, for meat...for meat!

We all laughed so hard. She laughed with us and still couldn't figure out what we were laughing at.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Big Yellow Taxi
I always thought it was, "Hey paradise, put up a f*ckin lot"
It is " They paved paradise and put up a parking lot"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron