Misheard lyrics

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Refrain of Chilli Peppers Scar Tissue was mostly unintelligible to me, something like "Whisper the shade something something view". Had to give in and look it up.

With the birds I'll share this lonely viewin'
With the birds I'll share this lonely view

Helser 83

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 7, 2022
Mony Mony by Tommy James, not even sure I know what the correct lyrics are.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
There was a country song popular probably 12 or so years ago.

The lyric was “going down a windy road” or something like that. And we were cruising in my truck and my wife was doing her usual cute sing to the songs and she sang, “going down to Wally World”. I was like, what did you just say? She was, going to Wally World. She literally thought the lyric was about going to Walmart.

We still laugh about it when we hear the song. It’s been awhile but that song was really popular at the time. I think it was a Little Big Town song
With the content of today's country music (eg - Applebee's song) this is not as much of a stretch as it once was.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Adding to this - have you completely missed the meaning of a song?

My sister & I were talking this last weekend. As little kids, we would listen to the song "Wildfire" by Michael Martin Murphy and get upset because we thought the horse died. Nope. Song isn't about the horse dying.
Wait, the horse doesn't die? Or at least get lost? That really changes my childhood.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Her tits we're shakin' till the midddle of the night (We did some shakin' till the middle of the night)

Eddie Money .... Shakin'

Last edited:

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
... and it's finger fuking, 24 hour sucking, rapture. (And it's finger popping, 24 hour shopping in rapture)

Blondie

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Dreams of war, dreams of liars, dreams of dragon's fire.... and a baked apple pie, yeah
(dreams of war, dreams of liars, dreams of dragon's fire... and of things that will bite, yeah)

Metallica

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Refrain of Chilli Peppers Scar Tissue was mostly unintelligible to me, something like "Whisper the shade something something view". Had to give in and look it up.

With the birds I'll share this lonely viewin'
With the birds I'll share this lonely view
Apparently I've been singing this wrong since the song came out. I thought it was "With the blood I've shed it's a lonely view." I like mine better lol

RamClone

May 6, 2018
Train's "Drops of Jupiter": "and Dan Henning is overrated" instead of "and that Heaven is overrated." Dan Henning being former NFL coach who may or may not have been overrated

Reactions: cyclones500

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Oh man, when I was young I misheard SO many Elton John lyrics. Without having a lyrics guide, I made it up as I went along, especially from “Benny and the Jets.”

Re: your “Rocket Man” question, I heard (and still can hear) — “Burning on a shoe-tops ever long.”
(Actual: Burning out his fuse up here alone).

Another mix-up, just prior to that:
“I’m not the man they think I am at home.”
I heard —> “My poor mammy thinks I am at home.”
Levon.. I'm clueless to half the words

Reactions: cyclones500

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds: "The girl with colitis goes by."
Actually, the girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Levon.. I'm clueless to half the words
Judy in Disguise (With Glasses)

For 55 years I've mumbled random syllables for half the song.

The only ones I was pretty sure about were "cross your heart with your livin' bra."

I finally looked up what the actual lyrics are supposed to be... and they make no more sense than the random syllables I was mumbling all along.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone