Mirror Mirror on the Wall

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
I saw he tweeted last week that he joined the Sunkist team. I assume that means that he is no longer in Ames and with the Cyclones? Just curious and TIA.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I believe he is in Ames. Sunkist allows for travel opportunities to bigger events that CWC might not be able to afford.

I think Deron and Angel are part of Titan Mercury and the Paulsons were always part of Sunkist

Reactions: cyclonesurveyor

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I believe he is in Ames. Sunkist allows for travel opportunities to bigger events that CWC might not be able to afford.

I think Deron and Angel are part of Titan Mercury and the Paulsons were always part of Sunkist

This is correct. Has more to do with funding and who his team points count towards than anything else. Sunkist might have a few training camps he'll attend from time to time but he will still be doing most of his training in Ames.

Reactions: cyclonesurveyor

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
I saw he tweeted last week that he joined the Sunkist team. I assume that means that he is no longer in Ames and with the Cyclones? Just curious and TIA.

ISU's senior guys have had Sunkist affiliations for a long time. I've always figured it is a legacy from Bobby Douglas's time as Arizona State coach.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Many of the CWC guys switched to Titan Mercury a couple years ago. Not sure if any other are affiliated with Sunkist right now besides Kyven. With Angel retiring from competing soon and Deron going to MMA after the Olympics, maybe we are switching back to Sunkist. Not sure who Moreno is tied to.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron