Matt Thomas did not play

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
I personally would like to see Matt take more shots from 3. We all know that he can't miss in practice, but when he only takes 2-3 shots a game, it's hard to build much confidence. When he consistently goes 1-5 or worse, then take him out. just my humble opinion.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
We have eight starter quality players on this team. It is pretty obvious now that Fred likes to change his substitution patterns in the second half based on the feel of the game and who is playing the best on any given night. This didn't just happen with Matt last night, it has happened to Nader, BDJ, Naz, and Hogue in games too. It is dumb to rotate all 8 for the whole game if 6 are playing better than two. We need Matt for our team to be successful and threads like this solve nothing.

During any one of our losses, there are several players that could be criticized for their play but it always seems to be Matt and BDJ. Matt's missed shots had almost no impact on the game last night. It is stupid to have a thread like this.
I think you're spot on, the problem was that Niang was a major liability for a while against Baylor but he stayed on the court while other "starter quality" players sat on the bench.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
This thread needs to end. Why is there this need to rip on him on this site? I don't get it.