Makale Foreman Grad Transfer

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
A lot of programs after a kid in the spring doesn’t mean he’s that good, let alone a home run.

Michigan sees him as a role player. That’s valuable, don’t get me wrong, but a home run?

We get it. You hate everything

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Can't say I see this moving the needle at all, but a little guard depth never hurt anyone.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don’t get the Nixon comparison. They seem like totally different players. Nixon was actually a pretty good defender a lot of the year.

I wouldn't call them totally different. Just watching Foreman's highlights he looks a lot like Nixon. He looks a touch longer and he's more smooth but what he tries to do is similar. His shooting numbers are better and his usage isn't as gaudy which gives me hope he's like the efficient version of Nixon who can be good enough. At the end of the day, though, neither are facilitators and I'm still hoping Tre is the PG because he has the opportunity to make a huge jump these others don't in terms of being a PG.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Michigan has a steady rotation of guards, while we are the complete opposite. JCL could come here and play significant minutes and be a high valued contributor, or he could go to Michigan and be a role player.

JCL would play a minimum 25 mpg for us. We need bigger guards
I agree, but in that sense Nixon was a home run for us.

JCL would be a solid addition, but schools like Michigan offering doesn’t mean he’d be a home run. It means it’s mid-May and schools are happy to add anyone to their rotation.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree, but in that sense Nixon was a home run for us.

JCL would be a solid addition, but schools like Michigan offering doesn’t mean he’d be a home run. It means it’s mid-May and schools are happy to add anyone to their rotation.
We didn't bring in Nixon to be the player he ended up having to be though..

Reactions: SpokaneCY

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Get JCL and sit tight. Another waive of transfers is on the way.

I am not saying this is the case but could Foreman be a contingency plan if JC-L goes elsewhere (or vise-versa if the staff has it evaluated that way)?

I know ISU could take 2 GT guards but I could also see where both would be competing for the same minutes and not want to enter that situation.

I think JC-L could play some minutes at the 3 when Prohm wants to go small so it might not be a major issue but GT's who have options are transferring to play minutes on a bigger stage and likely want to start.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
We didn't bring in Nixon to be the player he ended up having to be though..
Exactly why thinking JCL is a home run is hyperbole. He may end up playing a ton of minutes and having high usage on a bad team, but that’s not what good teams are bringing him in for.

Also, on Nixon, we didn’t bring him in to start? LW was known to be gone when grabbed him. Arguably he played less of a role given the surprising success of Haliburton and the addition of Bolton.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I am not saying this is the case but could Foreman be a contingency plan if JC-L goes elsewhere (or vise-versa if the staff has it evaluated that way)?

I know ISU could take 2 GT guards but I could also see where both would be competing for the same minutes and not want to enter that situation.

I think JC-L could play some minutes at the 3 when Prohm wants to go small so it might not be a major issue but GT's who have options are transferring to play minutes on a bigger stage and likely want to start.
Foreman is a PG, JCL is a SG.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Prentiss was really bad at selection.
With an unpopular opinion - I disagree.
I think he had a pretty good shot selection, he just could not shoot. He took a lot of late shot clock shots because of our lack of creators with the ball. He had a good looking shot, not sure why they would not go in. I expect disagrees.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Exactly why thinking JCL is a home run is hyperbole. He may end up playing a ton of minutes and having high usage on a bad team, but that’s not what good teams are bringing him in for.

Also, on Nixon, we didn’t bring him in to start? That’s an expensive redshirt plan.
Yeah I think homerun is a little over the top probably. Shayok and Kane were absolute homeruns. You really can't get any better than they were. We don't need him to be that good for us to be a tournament team imo. We need him to be solid and be a net positive at the end of the year. If he exceeds that expectation.. awesome!

I don't think we should polarize some of these guys though without them even playing a minute for us, let alone even commit to us. We shouldn't expect them to perform at a Nixon level and good lord we shouldn't assume they'll be a Beverly either. We also shouldn't expect them to be all-world like Kane and Shayok were. I'm totally fine with him being somewhere in the middle.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I don't think we should polarize some of these guys though without them even playing a minute for us, let alone even commit to us. We shouldn't expect them to perform at a Nixon level and good lord we shouldn't assume they'll be.
Polarizing is calling him a home run. I haven’t called him Nixon, but used Nixon to point out the flaw in thinking getting 25+ min/gm and high usage means he’s a home run.

That said, what do you mean we shouldn’t expect them to perform at Nixon’s level? If the shoe fits...