Maggie transfer portal

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Sorry to see Maggie go, especially since she has always been a true Cyclone, but totally understand.
It didn’t seem to me that she got a fair shake this year.
I hope has a great season next year (probably makes the winning basket if she plays against us) Has there been any statements from Bill?

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Sorry to see Maggie go, especially since she has always been a true Cyclone, but totally understand.
It didn’t seem to me that she got a fair shake this year.
I hope has a great season next year and makes the winning basket if she plays against us next year. Has there been any statements from Bill?

This is spot on and I totally agree. Awesome teammate and someone who loved Iowa State. Unfortunately just wound up not one of Bill’s chosen few.

Last edited:

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
I
This is spot on and I totally agree. Awesome teammate and someone who loved Iowa State. Unfortunately just wound up not one of Bill’s chosen few.
I think it’s more down to her injuries and even BF said she was under limited minutes this past season. Hard to find your groove if you only play limited minutes. I don’t think we can blame BF for her situation

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
It was no secret that this was going to be her last season in Ames. Bill talked about it on the coaches' show a month or so ago. She went through Senior Day activities. So, she'll follow the Wise/Frederick route -- leave with a degree and try to play ball somewhere for a year.

Not the scandal that so many people want it to be.

joyisuful

Feb 3, 2023
Agree, she will find somewhere smaller like Frederick did. I think Frederick had a real good year at some small school in Florida this year. Why wouldn't someone if they still loved basketball and could get another year of school paid for or partially paid for?
It was no secret that this was going to be her last season in Ames. Bill talked about it on the coaches' show a month or so ago. She went through Senior Day activities. So, she'll follow the Wise/Frederick route -- leave with a degree and try to play ball somewhere for a year.

Not the scandal that so many people want it to be.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I'm guessing this is similar to Maddie Wise (and I presume Morgan Kane, unless she decides she's done playing). We knew she was done at ISU, so the only question was whether she was completely done or wanted to use her remaining year somewhere else.
to be fair, Maddie Wise had family health issues and it made sense for her to return home.....

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Agree, she will find somewhere smaller like Frederick did. I think Frederick had a real good year at some small school in Florida this year. Why wouldn't someone if they still loved basketball and could get another year of school paid for or partially paid for?
Fred averaged almost 20ppg for Nova Southeastern (DII) this year and she led them to the NCAA tourney

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Not sure whose mins she was going to take, especially with the injuries.