Love for Sage

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
i've always been curious why he hasn't gotten a legitimate shot to be a starter. seems like he always has decent to good numbers when he goes in, be it with the phins or the texans. i also seem to remember a game last year where he lead houston to a large come from behind victory. bret meyer holds a lot of records, seneca was quite possibly the largest impact football player isu has ever had, but sage was without a doubt in my mind the best we ever had it at the qb position.

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I would love to see Sage get a chance at a starting job somewhere. I don't he'll ever be HOF material, but I believe that he can be a serviceable starting QB.

It's also nice to see that Orton will get some reps with Da' Bears. Let's see what he can do when he's had a chance to practive a little bit, unlike when they just threw him in for the baptism by fire.

CyRocket

Jan 31, 2007
I agree, Sage was our best QB. He was also the best that Miami had but The Liar (Saban) didn't recognize what he had. I remember one game where he threw for over 200 yards in one quarter and brought Miami back from 28 points down. What does Saban do, he puts him back on the bench for an ailing, none effective, QB. Man I hate Saban. I hope Sage finally get his chance.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
I think that he throws too many picks. If he didn't have all of those interceptions, teams would be fighting to bring him in as a starter. As it is, he's played well enough to go somewhere and legitimately compete for a job. Maybe Chicago, Philly, Arizona, Atlanta, Miami, Buffalo, Minnesota, Tampa, KC.

bandit

Apr 21, 2006
I think part of the reason he has the number of picks he does is they are typically playing from behind when he gets inserted. He had the one miracle comeback earlier this year in addition to another instance where he was put in for Shaub while they were down. Given the chance to start, I think he'd be a solid starting QB after he got a few games under his belt.

Also being a Bears fan, I'll say the above comments also depends on the O Line!

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i posted this in another thread.. but here is somthing to look at..

Also here is a quick look at some stats comparing Shaub and Sage

In 11 games
Matt has thrown 192/289 for 2241yrds 9tds 9ints QB rating of 87.2 sacked 16times and has had 7 fumbles and lost 3

In 6 games
Sage has thrown 105/159 for 1123yrds 11tds 7ints QB rating of 91.3 sacked 5 times and has 4 fumbles and 3 lost
(4 of those ints came in the Ten. game when sage was put in and houston was down 31-7 and came back only to lose 38-36)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron