Lisa Koll-Uhl in the Olympic Trials 5K finals tonight (Thursday)

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
at 9:15 CST

Posting again but with a new title, so people know:

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum...lisa-koll-uhl-friday-night-4.html#post2926409

OK, if I am interpreting everything correctly, the women's 5K finals are at 9:15 CST tonight:
The Official Site for the 2012 U.S. Olympic Team Trials ? Track and Field

Runner's World is doing a live blog again: Runner's World: Running Shoes, Marathon Training, Racing

Although there are something like 8 runners already with the Olympic A standard time, including Lisa, one who doesn't yet is hot and might finish in the top 3, the current NCAA champion. Here is a preview at Runner's World: June 28: Day 5 Preview | Olympic Trials
The women's 5K is more wide open. American record-holder Molly Huddle removed doubt about whether she's been hurt by looking fantastic in her heat. (Huddle has been holed up training for two months, uninjured.) In terms of PRs and high-level racing experiences, she's a cut above the rest of the field. The fastest American this year, Julia Lucas, looked good in her qualifying heat, but will need to push for her spot on the team from farther than a lap out, as she can't risk leaving it to a sprint. Lauren Fleshman qualified for the final but almost certainly won't be a factor, as Monday's qualifying round was the longest consecutive run she'd done in the last four injury-plagued months. Dartmouth sophomore and NCAA champion Abbey D'Agostino could add some intrigue, in that she lacks the Olympic "A" standard in the event but has shown great racing chops. If the race is slower than the 15:20 "A" pace, then there's a scenario in which D'Agostino places in the top 3 but one of the many women with the standard places behind her and nonetheless goes to the Olympics. ...

Lisa has already made Olympic team in the 10K.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Thanks for the reminder. My channel line up is showing the NBC cable sports. Correct?
I think that is right, whatever the "official site" link says.

That said, I will be 'watching' (following) on my phone :), not on TV, so people should check their local listings (and that link).

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
feel like the 5k isn't her race

she owns the 10k

You could be right. Also, I came across an article awhile back, about how she was injured some. I don't know if she actually was over training, but it was that kind of scenario, where she had to cut back. So I am hoping for the best, that she might be in a position to gut it out now, do what she has to when the crunch time comes. Seems to be a lot of good runners in this race.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron