Let’s talk about the refs

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I agree we made too many mistakes. Can’t start the game with an INT and what should have been a pick 6. Plus so many false starts. The OL sucks.
But you overcome all that. Then run a QB sneak on the 1 yard line where the QB dives forward and the review says the call “Stands”. WTF!! Stands? Not confirmed?! That’s a horrible officiating crew.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Missed False Start on final back shoulder throw.
Missed catch by Eaton, no review cost us final timeout
Missed false start on WSU touchdown at back of endzone
Missed PI in the end zone on Butler with DB holding down his entire left arm

These were the most egregious to me.
Not to mention the second targeting

Essentially my post. I hate saying refs had an inordinate effect, but ... yeah, this.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The only thing at this point that needs to be talked about is how to make officiating better. Football is a billion dollar spot. Time to pay former players good money to ref the game. Something has to be done. There are refs that have been in the game a long time that need to get out. The review process needs to be better, it is a complete joke right now.

clonez

Sep 14, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Ive never seen where the refs aren't sure what to call on the field, they gather together, make a decision, and its just done. They were all confused at what happened, and we didn't get a token review at least? But Purdy 2 yards deep in the end zone gets a review?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I agree we made too many mistakes. Can’t start the game with an INT and what should have been a pick 6. Plus so many false starts. The OL sucks.
But you overcome all that. Then run a QB sneak on the 1 yard line where the QB dives forward and the review says the call “Stands”. WTF!! Stands? Not confirmed?! That’s a horrible officiating crew.
What do you disagree with @Walden4Prez

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Never showed a good view of Montgomery fumble. Is one out there. I can't believe you don't at least review that and if Eaton didn't catch that I don't know what a catch is.

It was NOT a fumble...Pelluer stood up Montgomery and then STRIPPED the ball from Montgomery...and that was the biggest play in the game......