Latest Beer Haul

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Spent the weekend in Dubuque and decided to take a side trip to Prairie du Chien. Always wanted to check out Stark's Sports Shop. What a cool place to visit.

BU0F7Ei.jpg

Picked up the following

From Left to right

Nightmare Brewing Glasgow Smile-Gose
Evil Twin Decadent Delight II-PB and Marshmallow Imperial Stout
New Glarus Strawberry Rhubarb-Fruit Beer
3 Floyds Wigsplitter-Imperial Oatmeal Stout
Main Beer Lunch-IPA
Untitled Art Hazy IIPA V5-Imperial NEIPA
Nightmare Brewing Exposure-DIPA

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
We were in Wisconsin around a month ago. We picked up the typical New Glarus sampler, the Strawberry Rhubarb, and their IIPA. We also picked up various beers from Wisconsin Brewing Co, Capital City, and Wisconsin Dells Brewing.

Wisconsin Dells Brewing was the winner for both of us. Their bock and IPA were great.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Spent the weekend in Dubuque and decided to take a side trip to Prairie du Chien. Always wanted to check out Stark's Sports Shop. What a cool place to visit.

BU0F7Ei.jpg

Picked up the following

From Left to right

Main Beer Lunch-IPA

I love Starks. Great selection of alcohol, firearms, fishing tackle, boats and hunting gear. If there is ever a Zombie Apocalypse you could live there for years.

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
Looks like a great selection. Need a 6 or 12 of Exile Ruthie Gold Lager as base stock to finish it off.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Nice. I never understood the hype about New Glarus until I had some of their beer besides Spotted Cow. I mean, Spotted Cow is fine, but not worth driving out of your way for. The other stuff? YES.

• Agree
Reactions: dmclone

cyclonesurveyor

Jan 26, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Growing up between Waukon and Decorah - Prairie was our "Sunday drive" after church for lunch, shopping at the big Shopko and a stop at Starks to drool over all the motos and 4 wheelers, usually once or twice a month.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm just mad I didn't stop for a burger. I don't know the name of the place but there was a line at some burger place that was about 20 deep and you could smell the burgers from 2 blocks away.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I'm just mad I didn't stop for a burger. I don't know the name of the place but there was a line at some burger place that was about 20 deep and you could smell the burgers from 2 blocks away.

PETE'S! Good burger. GREAT grilled onions.

And that Strawberry Rhubarb New Glarus is absolutely fantastic.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
My parents just drove out here to NC last weekend and dropped off a 4-pack of Sue, FS&M and Scorpius and a sixer of Mango Habanero Soak'd from West O. Haven't tried the West O but I do enjoy a little heat in beers from time to time.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...

BU0F7Ei.jpg

Picked up the following

From Left to right

Main Beer Lunch-IPA

Maine Lunch is such an easy drinking beer. Everyone needs to get their hands on that one. Nightmare makes some really solid IPA's and Sours.