Late Game Time

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I understand what you are saying, but that does not hold water when tonight there is a game in LA that did start at 3:09pm. So since it's in LA its logical for the networks?

Didn’t it start at 4:09?

You have to find the time that works best for all time zones to maximize eyeballs on the game, so the game starting at 4:09 in LA is logical for the networks.

If they started the first game at 5 in LA, the last game wouldn’t start until after midnight. If you start the game at 2 in LA, you lose a ton of eyeballs, even if it’s for half a game.

The whole country needs to be accounted for in the game times, not just the Eastern or central time zone.

• Disagree
Reactions: Clonedogg

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
The whole country needs to be accounted for in the game times, not just the Eastern or central time zone
You're reiterating my point that starting a game at 4 on the West Coast is extremely bad for viewership in the West and probably even the Mountain time zone as thats prime rush hour in both zones.

My whole point is they should have started the Boston games at least 45 minutes to an hour before the LA games.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
You're reiterating my point that starting a game at 4 on the West Coast is extremely bad for viewership in the West and probably even the Mountain time zone as thats prime rush hour in both zones.

My whole point is they should have started the Boston games at least 45 minutes to an hour before the LA games.
They aren’t putting North Carolina/bama in the early game. They want them right in middle when viewership is at its highest.

They are maximizing all windows.

Reactions: AllInForISU

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

So how does starting it 45 to an hour earlier help the viewership on the west coast.

It doesn’t, and would ensure the west coast sees none of the game (based on your rush hour theory) as opposed to some of the game and that’s all that matters to the people making decisions.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
They aren’t putting North Carolina/bama in the early game. They want them right in middle when viewership is at its highest.

Nobody cares about Alabama and Arizona/ Uconn are just as big of brands in the sport as North Carolina.

• Haha
Reactions: ClubCy

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012

He doesn’t get and doesn’t want to get it.

Game time. Go clones.

Reactions: ClubCy

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
The logical tip sequence that would have made the most sense for TV executives, fannies in the seats and fans at home tonight would be:

First: UConn vs. SDSU. CBS
Second: UNC vs. Alabama. TBS
Third: Iowa State vs. Illinois. CBS
Fouth: Arizona vs. Clemson. TBS

Let's Go State!

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Nobody cares about Alabama and Arizona/ Uconn are just as big of brands in the sport as North Carolina.
Yeah….no to all of that. Arizona and UConn don’t even hold a candle to UNC as a basketball brand. Anyways tip is close let’s go!!!

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
So how does starting it 45 to an hour earlier help the viewership on the west coast.

It doesn’t, and would ensure the west coast sees none of the game (based on your rush hour theory) as opposed to some of the game and that’s all that matters to the people making decisions.
What aren't you getting here? So instead of starting at 4:00 LA time, switch the games and start it at 4:45-5 range and have Boston be the 1st game. It would better align the times all over the entire country.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
What aren't you getting here? So instead of starting at 4:00 LA time, switch the games and start it at 4:45-5 range and have Boston be the 1st game. It would better align the times all over the entire country.

So if the flip flopped the times, the games in central time would start at 6:09, 6:39, 8:39, 9:09, sounds familiar

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
It doesn’t matter what city they are playing in for the last time. It matters what time they put certain matchups. That 3rd game is the maximum ratings time slot. For all coasts. UNC/Bama was the money maker.

Help Support Us

Become a patron