Kyle Larson Chooses Cyclones

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Valley's Larson chooses Cyclones | The Des Moines Register | DesMoinesRegister.com

“It’s just where my heart’s always been,â€￾ Larson said. “Since I was a little kid, I always dreamed of wrestling for the Cyclones. I was raised a Cyclone and that had a lot to do with it. Their wrestling history pretty much shows their greatness and I feel like I can accomplish all my goals there academically and on the wrestling mat.â€￾

quagmire%252520giggity.gif

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Fantastic. Iowa really thought they were going to get him. Should provide us with more quality in the room.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Congratulations, and welcome aboard, Kyle!

And best of luck as you finish out your high school career.

Note also the two good articles on Larson and Destin McCauley out of Andy Hamilton, who came to the Des Moines Register this last summer from the Iowa City Press Citizen. The McCauley article is linked in the other thread. At the link above you can also find it on the right side of the page - listed currently as the most popular link of any Register article, sports or otherwise. Nicely done, Mr. Hamilton.

Last edited:

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
lets hope they beat the **** out of Iowa. **** the Brands brothers and their ********. I would like to skull **** those mother****ers and tell there mom how horrible of human beings she raised.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
welcome to the cyclone country and we want you to help bring cyclone wrestling back to where it should be.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
lets hope they beat the **** out of Iowa. **** the Brands brothers and their ********. I would like to skull **** those mother****ers and tell there mom how horrible of human beings she raised.

Watching too many reruns of Full Metal Jacket are we? Man.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006

The link has changed. Here is the new one:

Wrestling: Valley star commits to Iowa State | The Des Moines Register | DesMoinesRegister.com

I think the article is identical, except I don't recall before the mention of Meeks and Moreno (other Des Moines area members of this recruiting class). I'm also not sure this photo was there before, but it is now:

bilde

Larson compiled a 122-16 record during his first three seasons at Valley. He projects as a 125- or 133-pounder in college. / TOMMY BIRCH / REGISTER FILE PHOTO

Last edited:

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011

Wow. Get a grip. Your post says more about you than about them.

Anyone know why KJ is so intent on signing kids early with such low level accolades? We've been doing this a lot.

That said we got Destin Mac so I'm pleased as punch anyway. :yes:

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Wow. Get a grip. Your post says more about you than about them.

Anyone know why KJ is so intent on signing kids early with such low level accolades? We've been doing this a lot.

That said we got Destin Mac so I'm pleased as punch anyway. :yes:

I'm not positive, but I would suspect it's because he's still trying to create plenty of depth within the team and in the room. Right now we have a lot of guys hurt, and after this weekend it seems there are two more. We seem to have great depth in the upper weights, but not so much down low (especially with Schlosser seeming like a no go), so I personally really like seeing this. Seems when we have a guy listed at 184 on the roster who is wrestling heavyweight, then more depth in general is a good thing.

NEICyFan

Feb 10, 2011
I'm not positive, but I would suspect it's because he's still trying to create plenty of depth within the team and in the room. Right now we have a lot of guys hurt, and after this weekend it seems there are two more. We seem to have great depth in the upper weights, but not so much down low (especially with Schlosser seeming like a no go), so I personally really like seeing this. Seems when we have a guy listed at 184 on the roster who is wrestling heavyweight, then more depth in general is a good thing.

I can buy this. I just find it curious we sign the kind of guys in the fall that most top teams wait until the spring to sign. It probably doesn't matter much.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
I can buy this. I just find it curious we sign the kind of guys in the fall that most top teams wait until the spring to sign. It probably doesn't matter much.

True, True. That's a good point. I have no clue about the particulars of recruiting. Anyone else out there know if there's any general strategy to it all?