Kyle Kempt Bashing

Discussion in 'Football' started by Pharmacy99, Dec 30, 2017.

1. skibumspe

skibumspe Active Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Male
    Professor
    Cambodia
    Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Dude, I appreciate your passion and all but the game/season are over, we won, it was a great ride & your boy played well enough when called upon to bring us a tremendous year....you really gotta let it go & just enjoy the moment.

It's already tough enough being a Cyclone fan, no need to exacerbate the experience by having unnecessary pissing matches with your fellow fans about trappings that really make no difference in the grand scheme of things. Again, enjoy the ride & be thankful we had all the opportunities to experience the success we did this season.

Also, learn the names of the players you're dogging on.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Blandboy

Blandboy Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Male
    Self employed writer
    Bettendorf
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 114 / -10
    so why did you participate?

3. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Ames
    Ratings:
    +5,889 / 356 / -3
    So you could ask me this question.

4. Blandboy

Blandboy Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Male
    Self employed writer
    Bettendorf
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 114 / -10
    good talk

5. CyCrazy

CyCrazy Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Male
    Ames
    Ratings:
    +5,889 / 356 / -3
    Meh, I was a little disappointed.

6. CRcyclone6

CRcyclone6 Well-Known Member
    Bookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Male
    Manager - Capacity Development
    Cedar Rapids
    Ratings:
    +1,143 / 65 / -1
    Well, Kyle does have more bowl wins than Seneca. :). Great season Kyle!

7. BWRhasnoAC

BWRhasnoAC Well-Known Member
    SuperFanatic SuperFanatic T2

Apr 10, 2013
    Superintendent
    Coconut Creek
    Ratings:
    +7,049 / 468 / -13
    Kyle is the smart kid that gets it done in the clutch. He understands the moment and focuses on whats important to get the job done. I'll take him over Park any game.

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Ratings:
    +2,603 / 61 / -0
    Hope Oklahoma wins it all. He'll be able to say he beat the Nat'l Champs on their home field in his first start.
    I'm guessing that's never happened before.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jkclone

jkclone Well-Known Member
    Bookie

Jan 21, 2013
    Male
    Iowa State Fan
    Urbandale
    Ratings:
    +2,356 / 597 / -0
    The thing is I don’t think there is a Cyclone fan who couldn’t be more grateful and thankful for what he has done for us this year. I don’t think ink anyone doesn’t want him to be successful the issue is I and others think Noland gives us a better chance to win. Sure Noland may make mistakes but yesterday Kempt made plenty of mistakes too. Noland has much better arm talent and is the future. I’d be happy to have Kempt back as a backup or grad assistant to help the young guys grow next year but to be successful we will need a better quarterback. That is nothing against Kempt it’s just reality.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. flycy

flycy Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Pilot
    Crescent, IA
    Ratings:
    +834 / 67 / -2
    What Kyle throws is an extremely catchable ball, catchable by anyone. Fortunately our tall athletic receivers get almost all of those balls. He plays like a 5th year senior, he just has a very marginal division 1 arm. If you combined Park's arm with Kyle's head, you have a Heisman candidate. Saying a guy plays well in-spite of his physical limitations is one of the greatest compliments you can give. It speaks to his work ethic. Kyle is an amazing story and amazing player in the right place at the right time.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. flycy

flycy Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Pilot
    Crescent, IA
    Ratings:
    +834 / 67 / -2
    That reminds me of the quote that convinced me CPR should be gone. It was I think Lazard's first TD on a jump ball thrown while guarded by a 5'9" corner. CPR said the QB should never have thrown the ball.

12. Pharmacy99

Pharmacy99 Active Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Ratings:
    +523 / 24 / -0
    If Noland gives us a better chance to win, why did CMC had chosen Kempt as the starting QB? The coaching staffs had seen both Kempt and Noland every day in practice. I trust their judgment over any football experts on this message board any days.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Ratings:
    +2,603 / 61 / -0
    For me, the most impressive games for Kyle were his 50 or so before the Oklahoma game.
    Dude didnt get a sniff of starting, across multiple schools, yet he continued to work hard, hone his game and stay positive. Its easy to practice hard when you know you're gonna play, bust your azz all week then hold a clipboard? Not so much.
    Character is determined by what you do when no one is watching. Kyle has it in spades.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  14. acoustimac

acoustimac Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Male
    Professor of Education
    Lamoni, IA
    Ratings:
    +1,385 / 70 / -0
    I agree with other posters. His game was more a result of outstanding receivers bailing him out many times. Just a shaky day as his passes were wobbly, late, etc much of the time. It was just one game though. And this is a team game. Team performed well enough to win and that’s all that matters.

15. cyfan21

cyfan21 Active Member

Aug 24, 2010
    Davenport
    Ratings:
    +536 / 40 / -0
    Kempt’s season reminds me a lot of Case Keenum’s season. Both are playing well enough to get the job done and having better than expected seasons respectively. But neither are doing enough on a consistent basis to silence their critics (ie lack of arm strength, missing open receivers, poor pocket awareness, etc). Because of this the door will always be open for people to want more (ie the arm strength or mobility of Park and Noland for the Cyclones or Bradford and Bridgewater for the Vikings respectively) instead of appreaciating what they have which is consistent QB stats and position stability.

16. WastedTalent

WastedTalent Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Ratings:
    +2,647 / 148 / -1
    I think he meant next season.

17. CyValley

CyValley Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Ratings:
    +1,541 / 87 / -0
    Yeah. 8-5 with those five losses coming by a combined 25 points. We were high-end competitive, stunning what with a few weaknesses we had to cover up.

18. tolfbfan

tolfbfan Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Male
    Teacher
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +2,839 / 70 / -0
    From reading what seems like a billion posts on this issue leads me to the following conclusion. I have and will continue to defer to and respect the decisions that CMC and staff make personnel wise. Being an old, I mean really old, coach has led me to think it would be stupid of me to think otherwise. That being said, JUST WIN BABY!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. CyValley

CyValley Well-Known Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Ratings:
    +1,541 / 87 / -0
    From ESPN stats:

Kempt: -------- 85.1 qb rating
    Ferguson: ---- 50.1 qb rating

I watched the game again last night. I remember two passes in which Lazard had to comeback-make excellent catches. There were many other passes that Kyle executed flawlessly (and several he didn't).

Sideline outs right on target; hitting Butler in stride (remember in the past when iSu qbs would regularly overthrow receivers in this situation?); some right-on-target passes dropped (Butler's drop deep down the sideline); several times Kyle looped the ball perfectly over coverage into the hands of our receivers. All this on a blustery, cold day in Memphis.

Kempt outpassed Ferguson 314 yards to 286 yards, allowed iSu to control the ball 37:49 to 22:11 thus minimizing Memphis's possession opportunities and keeping our defense fresh.

IMHO, Kyle completing 63 percent of his passes and allowing the iSu offense to control the ball for nearly 38 minutes without a running game was sensational qb play. Kempt outplayed Ferguson.

What more could we fairly want from this kid?

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. FredCyclone

FredCyclone Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1,560 / 315 / -1
    The texas game in which we got beat by 10 was because of Parks multiple interceptions trying to force it into double coverage. Park would have played conservatively and kept they game much closer.