Kyle Kempt Bashing

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Every QB gets lucky and bailed out at times. I think it happened more with Park with his wild over thrown passes. Lucks even out. Kempt also has had bad luck when receivers dropped well-thrown passes.

Park has a great arm and his accuracy was really good until the TX game. He also had a ton of passes dropped in games. 5 in the Iowa game alone, and they were all on target. Sucks that he couldn't get his head straight, and we were very fortunate that Kempt was able to step in and play well. Defense was the real key to the season this year.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Park has a great arm and his accuracy was really good until the TX game. He also had a ton of passes dropped in games. 5 in the Iowa game alone, and they were all on target. Sucks that he couldn't get his head straight, and we were very fortunate that Kempt was able to step in and play well. Defense was the real key to the season this year.
When Kempt wins, it is all because of our defense, when Park wins, it is because of his QB plays. Did you know Kempt just set ISU record for a highest completion percentage in a season? To some people, it is either pure luck or he passed to talented receivers (which Park also had) and only completied easy and short passes even though his yard per pass is higher than Park’s.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Some posters here continue to bash Kyle Kempt. All he did today was threw over 300 + yard with 2 TD and no INT and completed 63% of his passes. He took over as the starting QB when this team desperately needed a QB and led his team to 8-5 record and a bowl win. Of course the naysayers will discredit his accomplishment and give all the credit to defense and receivers. He led this team to 3 wins against ranked teams and threw over 300 yard in a bowl game. How many ISU QBs have accomplish that in their career? All QBs have strengths and weaknesses. Kempt does not have a strong arm but he is a great leader and game manager. He has a better QB rating than Park and Norland but some posters here continue to bash him. Our coaching staffs believe Kempt gives a best chance to win games. Norland would have started if the coaching staffs thought he was the best option at QB. To some of our football experts on this board, Kempt sucks and it is better for this team to not have him next year even though he has done things that no other ISU QB has ever done before.

Throws some ducks, but love his calmness, cool demeanor, quiet leadership. The WR's seem to love him.

We would of beaten Texas with Kyle--where Park was out of control, throwing off back foot into trouble the whole game

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and Spanky

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
When Kempt wins, it is all because of our defense, when Park wins, it is because of his QB plays. Did you know Kempt just set ISU record for a highest completion percentage in a season? To some people, it is either pure luck or he passed to talented receivers (which Park also had) and only completied easy and short passes even though his yard per pass is higher than Park’s.
Look at the offensive output totals. When you only throw easy passes you should have a high completion percentage. I love what he did but the offense is better with other people.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Look at the offensive output totals. When you only throw easy passes you should have a high completion percentage. I love what he did but the offense is better with other people.
What is wrong with short easy passes? His yard per pass is still higher than Park’s. Also, Park did not face the competitions that Kyle did. Offense is better with who? If that was the case, CMC would have given the starting QB to someone else.

cyclonevac

Feb 11, 2016
The hell with all of you. The kid has been around the blocked and kicked around. He plays hard and smart, he deserves that scholarship, oh wait, what scholarship. Think what you want but to say anything derogatory about this young man shows that Parkwas right about the ISU fans,
THANK YOU KYLE!

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

You are a one-note song in this thread. For our team to succeed into the future we need better play out of every position and every coach. Kyle was the right person in the right place at the right time. We need more from everyone to not just be a 6 win program.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
You are a one-note song in this thread. For our team to succeed into the future we need better play out of every position and every coach. Kyle was the right person in the right place at the right time. We need more from everyone to not just be a 6 win program.

I'm one who would like to see what Kempt could do with a stout run-blocking OLine. He set a season school record this fall by completing 68 percent of his passes (and finished second in FBS by getting rid of the ball in 2.31 seconds on average).

But, if iSu could run effectively, and by doing so keep defenses off balance to a much greater extent, Kyle, I'd wager, would complete 70 percent-plus of his passes.

Last edited:

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Kempt had a really good season as did the rest of the seniors and I'm sick of hearing about Park, he left and talked **** to boot I wish him luck, but Kempt is all around better.

Agree. Park is gone, I won't spend any more time on him.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
What is wrong with short easy passes? His yard per pass is still higher than Park’s. Also, Park did not face the competitions that Kyle did. Offense is better with who? If that was the case, CMC would have given the starting QB to someone else.
It makes us one dimensional when that’s about all you have. Teams like yesterday don’t respect the passing and load the box. It makes it that much more difficult for our RBs as good as they are.

dmdom

Oct 28, 2014
The hell with all of you. The kid has been around the blocked and kicked around. He plays hard and smart, he deserves that scholarship, oh wait, what scholarship. Think what you want but to say anything derogatory about this young man shows that Parkwas right about the ISU fans,
THANK YOU KYLE!
Kyle has been awarded a scholorship for spring semester. Pretty cool of the staff, considering he may not have any additional eligibility

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Has this been posted yet?

I don’t think Kyle’s NFL talent; he’s a good “system” quarterback. He just does his job, which is: get the ball to your playmakers. He rarely forces anything, and is NOT easily rattled. He may not be the quarterback everyone wanted, but he was the quarterback ISU needed. Congratulations, Kyle. Best wishes in 2018.

Last edited:

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
I think people overstate limitations of Kempts arm. He made a lot of great throws in tight windows and threw receivers open well. Having a huge arm is so vastly overrated. It's great to have, but you can be a great QB without it.

I agree... to a certain extent. He's clearly a very smart QB, and plays like a 5 year starter, which is incredible considering his limited playing time. I think people focus on it because they can clearly see it, and it's the difference between him being serviceable/good and great. He makes up for the arm with accuracy, timing, and touch.. but there are still some things you can't do without a stronger arm.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron