Kyle Green Hired

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
LOL CF will literally lose it's mind about anything. My father traveled from North Platte Nebraska to central Iowa every Friday, and drove right back on Sundays for more than a year. We weren't making the money Green will be and the commute from Cedar Falls is child's play. STFU everyone.
This MBB hiring (TJ firsr and now an asst) has become the National Enquire of Cyclone sports. Everyone gotta stick their nose in everyone's business. Gotta know every detail and why.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Not. Being a Debbie downer, but how would UNI’s bigs have fared in the Big XII. Toughness and speed are what we need, especially speed.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not. Being a Debbie downer, but how would UNI’s bigs have fared in the Big XII. Toughness and speed are what we need, especially speed.
He’s had some bigs that would’ve done fine at high majors as juniors and seniors. At Iowa State though, he’ll be able to go after a whole new level of talent.

Last edited:

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
Isn’t that what you want out of an assistant? If you’re assistants are sticking around for a decade then your program probably isn’t very successful.
You want balance. Consider the group with Campbell. Assistants should be happy to stay while they are growing and eventually move up. That is what you want. Conversely if the stay is a couple years then moving on because the experience is sub par or they could get comfortable and complacent and stay too long. A unicorn that is the best at what they do but don’t want to move up is rare.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
I'm sure Green was at UNI when they beat Kansas. That's a great start for me, and likely indicates this will be a good hire.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
He’s had some bigs that would’ve done fine at high majors as juniors and seniors. At Iowa State though, he’ll be able to go after a whole knew level of talent.
They would have been serviceable and better than what we had in the last couple of years, but you want more than fine.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They would have been serviceable and better than what we had in the last couple of years, but you want more than fine.
You know Kyle’s not going to be pulling in the same recruits as he did at UNI right? Now that he’s at Iowa State, he’ll be able to get higher rated guys. Even so, guys like Seth Tuttle and the Koch bros would’ve been more than just serviceable at bigger schools.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

So we should move on from Foster? I don’t see how learning post moves would hurt him? Hell Conditt would have benefited from Green, and probably will in his short year with him. Conditt may also benefit from TJ’s offense, which will likely use him the way Prohm should have, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be situations where it’s good for him to know how to play like a traditional post.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

PizzaTheHutt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2014
Opens thread about the newly hired assistant. Majority of discussion about his ..........commute? AFFFAE8B-D16D-465D-8928-CEE9CB4BB35D.gif

Reactions: Cycl1

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Actually nobody knows that for certain.
Well fair. I’m assuming there will be a slight uptick in talent level now that he’s gone up another level. His bigs have been quite skilled at UNI so I’m assuming he’ll do well with working with more talented guys, even if that talent is only slightly better.

I do know that he’ll be so much better as a fundamental coach which should net far better results than we’ve seen in our post play lately.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
USC hired Eric Mobley as assistant in 2018 and his two five-star sons follow in 2019 and 2020.

Oklahoma State hires Cannen Cunningham and soon follows his blue chip brother.

McDermott leaves for Creighton and his son follows and ends up being one of the most accomplished collegiate players ever.

I could go on and on...

Iowa State hires a coach and his son was the Larry Bird player of the year as a true sophomore and he is...STAYING at UNI. Seems about right. I respect AJ for the decision he made and even moreso Kyle for not pressuring his son into leaving a school he clearly loves but I mean gosh DAMN can we catch a break for once?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron