Kyle Green Hired

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Isn’t that what you want out of an assistant? If you’re assistants are sticking around for a decade then your program probably isn’t very successful.
Wait a minute. I believe Mad Fran has had the same assistants for his stint in Hokville. You saying that's not good? ;)

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Do those people get to the office at 6 am and leave at 9/10 PM like coaches?
It doesn't matter what hours you work during the week if you only go "home" on the weekends. Still, there's lots to be done on the weekends in college basketball. Not sure how this would work in season without the daily long commute or long periods without the family.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It doesn't matter what hours you work during the week if you only go "home" on the weekends. Still, there's lots to be done on the weekends in college basketball. Not sure how this would work in season without the daily long commute or long periods without the family.

Eh he’ll take Saturday games off nbd

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
LOL CF will literally lose it's mind about anything. My father traveled from North Platte Nebraska to central Iowa every Friday, and drove right back on Sundays for more than a year. We weren't making the money Green will be and the commute from Cedar Falls is child's play. STFU everyone.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Only way there is much of an issue is if he still has kids at home. Think both are in college so it should be fine. You want the HC in town, assistants come and go so it’s not a big deal.

• Agree
Reactions: JRE1975

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Like I said, he may end up being a great coach.

Hiring an assistant coach away from UNI doesn’t have the “OMG it’s so amazing TJ pulled this off” feel to it like you are trying to pump.

It’s a fine hire and I hope it works out well!

I agree with you farmin on this, it's a "fine" hire. But I was thinking. JP once hired the hottest thing going from UNI that many of the "in the know/money" people said was going to have ISU in no time kicking a** and taking names.....the right way. Well, four years later we all know who had their names taken and a**** kicked.....in every way. And his son didn't want to play for him at ISU and decided instead to sign with, you guessed it..............UNI.

Now jump 15 years and the same JP hires the lead assistant/recruiter to his not so great UNI hire to be our head coach. And we now get (if you believe some of the same "in the know/money" people) once again the hottest thing going from, you guessed it........UNI. And his son isn't following him to ISU but staying at, you guessed it............UNI.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
LOL CF will literally lose it's mind about anything. My father traveled from North Platte Nebraska to central Iowa every Friday, and drove right back on Sundays for more than a year. We weren't making the money Green will be and the commute from Cedar Falls is child's play. STFU everyone.
This was a moderately unusual situation and some of us naturally had curiosity about it and raised some questions and discussion. How is that "losing our minds"? Isn't this a discussion forum?

Reactions: carvers4math

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I agree with you farmin on this, it's a "fine" hire. But I was thinking. JP once hired the hottest thing going from UNI that many of the "in the know/money" people said was going to have ISU in no time kicking a** and taking names.....the right way. Well, four years later we all know who had their names taken and a**** kicked.....in every way. And his son didn't want to play for him at ISU and decided instead to sign with, you guessed it..............UNI.

Now jump 15 years and the same JP hires the lead assistant/recruiter to his not so great UNI hire to be our head coach. And we now get (if you believe some of the same "in the know/money" people) once again the hottest thing going from, you guessed it........UNI. And his son isn't following him to ISU but staying at, you guessed it............UNI.

We didn’t hire Tj from UNI. We hired their recruiting coordinator/post developer as an ASSISTANT.

Reactions: Kurttr