Kyle Green Hired

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Like I said, he may end up being a great coach.

Hiring an assistant coach away from UNI doesn’t have the “OMG it’s so amazing TJ pulled this off” feel to it like you are trying to pump.

It’s a fine hire and I hope it works out well!
Prohm tried to get him and couldn't. He is basically the head coach in waiting in CF and TJ still got him. Considering the importance of this staff being good I would say it's a big deal

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Prohm tried to get him and couldn't. He is basically the head coach in waiting in CF and TJ still got him. Considering the importance of this staff being good I would say it's a big deal

I thought he could have had him/AJ, but picked Kane instead.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I think this is an interesting point. Did Prohm try to get him and failed? Or could have he gotten him but prohm picked someone else?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Kind of like me... head mod in waiting in CF.

• Funny
Reactions: Cy$

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Well... sort of. He's the head coach in waiting but he's the same age as Jacobsen basically and he's not going anywhere, so that's like waiting forever.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
So what’s the chance aj stays for this year “to stay loyal” and then grad transfers?

I get what he is saying now, but it will be different with his dad not there

Reactions: AgronoCy

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
This is about as definitive as it gets that AJ is staying in Cedar Falls...

Debbie downer alert but it doesn't exactly sound like this is a long-term plan for Kyle Green. Kids and wife still living in Cedar Falls and he is commuting an hour and a half every day? Seems he wants to be a head coach and soon. Top assistant for a Big 12 school just another feather in his cap to add to his resume. Hope I'm wrong and he and TJ tear it up for the next decade plus.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Debbie downer alert but it doesn't exactly sound like this is a long-term plan for Kyle Green. Kids and wife still living in Cedar Falls and he is commuting an hour and a half every day? Seems he wants to be a head coach and soon. Top assistant for a Big 12 school just another feather in his cap to add to his resume. Hope I'm wrong and he and TJ tear it up for the next decade plus.

Isn’t that what you want out of an assistant? If you’re assistants are sticking around for a decade then your program probably isn’t very successful.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Can I ask why this is so huge? I just don't pay attention as much as I should to assistants etc. What does he bring that's so great?
Tons of experience coaching to players strengths and making them better. Kyle is a developer. He will turn these pawns into queens.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Well... sort of. He's the head coach in waiting but he's the same age as Jacobsen basically and he's not going anywhere, so that's like waiting forever.

Welcome Kyle.
TJ identified him early as someone to recruit locally and he has success in coaching posts. Something that ISU has had difficulty in the past.

Guessing with KG's kids now through HS and at UNI Green may be looking for another chance at HC job soon. UNI maybe just that but doesn't look like that will be awhile. It will be easier to build his resume at ISU and get that MM job if the time is righ.t in the future.

Reactions: mjdivine

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron