Kyle Green Hired

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
USC hired Eric Mobley as assistant in 2018 and his two five-star sons follow in 2019 and 2020.

Oklahoma State hires Cannen Cunningham and soon follows his blue chip brother.

McDermott leaves for Creighton and his son follows and ends up being one of the most accomplished collegiate players ever.

I could go on and on...

Iowa State hires a coach and his son was the Larry Bird player of the year as a true sophomore and he is...STAYING at UNI. Seems about right. I respect AJ for the decision he made and even moreso Kyle for not pressuring his son into leaving a school he clearly loves but I mean gosh DAMN can we catch a break for once?

I still think he finishes his career in Ames

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
One thing I find interesting about Kyle leaving UNI is that he's been watching his kids play for years, with AJ it's been in-person as his coach. Leaving that must have been a tough decision.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and cygrads

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
One thing I find interesting about Kyle leaving UNI is that he's been watching his kids play for years, with AJ it's been in-person as his coach. Leaving that must have been a tough decision.
I'm sure the money ended up being the deciding factor.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
USC hired Eric Mobley as assistant in 2018 and his two five-star sons follow in 2019 and 2020.

Oklahoma State hires Cannen Cunningham and soon follows his blue chip brother.

McDermott leaves for Creighton and his son follows and ends up being one of the most accomplished collegiate players ever.

I could go on and on...

Iowa State hires a coach and his son was the Larry Bird player of the year as a true sophomore and he is...STAYING at UNI. Seems about right. I respect AJ for the decision he made and even moreso Kyle for not pressuring his son into leaving a school he clearly loves but I mean gosh DAMN can we catch a break for once?

None if the players you mentioned had played a minute for another school when their father was hired.

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
None if the players you mentioned had played a minute for another school when their father was hired.
Not sure if this is true. But I'm guessing none of those spent their entire life in town of school rooting for said school. Just guessing.

Reactions: Wally86

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
So you been through Bangor and Lamoille.
Chuckle.. actually I don't recall going through Bangor, but I do know that I've taken E-18 through Liscomb, Zearing and Roland over to I-35. So since Bangor is on E-18 I probably went through it without realizing it.

Now Lamoille is a little trickier. We sometimes took the Albion "bypass" to get around Marshalltown and on one trip heading for Ames the "bypass" was closed while the railroad crossing was being reconstructed. I know that to get onto Highway 30 and head for Jack Trice we had to detour off of the "bypass". I think the detour was to take E35 west and S70 south to get to Highway 30, that would have taken us through Lamoille but I'm not 100% sure if that was the detour or not.

I should have said in my post that I've taken all of the major roads between Cedar Falls and Jack Trice/Hilton and a lot of the minor paved county roads. There's too many minor county roads (some of them gravel which I don't do) to have done them all!

Last edited:
Reactions: domedays

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I agree with you farmin on this, it's a "fine" hire. But I was thinking. JP once hired the hottest thing going from UNI that many of the "in the know/money" people said was going to have ISU in no time kicking a** and taking names.....the right way. Well, four years later we all know who had their names taken and a**** kicked.....in every way. And his son didn't want to play for him at ISU and decided instead to sign with, you guessed it..............UNI.

Now jump 15 years and the same JP hires the lead assistant/recruiter to his not so great UNI hire to be our head coach. And we now get (if you believe some of the same "in the know/money" people) once again the hottest thing going from, you guessed it........UNI. And his son isn't following him to ISU but staying at, you guessed it............UNI.
This is really tired and dumb. If you were paying the least bit of attention the only reason he "didn't want to play for his dad at ISU" was because the writing was on the wall that dad wouldn't be at ISU when he got here. He clearly did want to play for dad and he knew that it wasn't going to happen at ISU. What did he do as soon as dad got a different job? Yeah, he decommited and went to play for dad.