Kyle Green Hired

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I hate it when people say you need to shoot your way out of a zone. Just jacking up outside shots is exactly what they want you to do when they switch to that zone. It may take a little more work, but penetration can break down a zone defense just as much as it breaks down a man defense.

People forget you can screen a zone effectively too. Screens, overloads, short corners, but also.......really good 3-point shooters. We could use a couple more.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Could he get talent? Yes. Enough? Not even close.

Do Lard, LW, THT & Hali outweigh the ones that didn’t pan out?

I’d say no.

Those 4 guys and Shayok should have been a contender to go to the elite 8 not bounced as a 6 seed in the first round. That’s a failure of coaching.

I have no problem admitting he was a failure as a coach but for someone to rip the man for never having a top 25 recruiting class when we have a history of not having top 25 classes is bush league.

We all can’t have recruiting gems like Georgios Tsalmporous, Sharron Dorsey Walker, KJ Bluford, Simeon Carter and Brady Ernst.

They all can’t be winners people.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Those 4 guys and Shayok should have been a contender to go to the elite 8 not bounced as a 6 seed in the first round. That’s a failure of coaching.

I have no problem admitting he was a failure as a coach but for someone to rip the man for never having a top 25 recruiting class when we have a history of not having top 25 classes is bush league.

We all can’t have recruiting gems like Georgios Tsalmporous, Sharron Dorsey Walker, KJ Bluford, Simeon Carter and Brady Ernst.

They all can’t be winners people.
Huh?

Ernst and Carter were Prohm guys first off. Second…. I’m not saying the guy didn’t get talent, clearly he did. But he also clearly did not get nearly enough.

Prohm had 3 seasons that totaled 27-58. Had to be a lack of talent in there somewhere.

• Winner
Reactions: ClonesInDallas

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Prohm definitely got a few great players, but not enough together to build good teams. It takes more than a future NBA player to make you a great recruiter and coach.

Why are we talking about this again?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
People forget you can screen a zone effectively too. Screens, overloads, short corners, but also.......really good 3-point shooters. We could use a couple more.

This team is going to be pretty good at most everything but shooting.

But that is really going to hold them back.

Just goes to show how important shooting is in the modern version of basketball.

• Agree
Reactions: NENick

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
This team is going to be pretty good at most everything but shooting.

But that is really going to hold them back.

Just goes to show how important shooting is in the modern version of basketball.
They shot fine the other night. Let them get some time together. Still very early.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Could he get talent? Yes. Enough? Not even close.

Do Lard, LW, THT & Hali outweigh the ones that didn’t pan out?

I’d say no.

He never had guys that do the dirty work that all good teams have.

the closest he came was tyrese during his freshman year. But the talent was so obvious, there were serious jealousy problems.

ironically, had Iowa State not jumped in late for Tyrese, he very well could’ve ended up at uni.

Could you imagine a Halliburton Green backcourt in the Missouri valley? I don’t know if Jake would have stepped on AJ’s toes, because he was the best recruit he’s ever signed. But if he would have given the ball to tyrese, and let green play off the ball, that would have been one of the best mid major backcourts we’ve seen

• Disagree
Reactions: Itjustdoesn'tmatter