KRNT Reuniting Marty & Miller

Gomer80

May 17, 2011
Nevada, Iowa
Actually, my tv was still on MC 22 from last night when I turned it on when I got home. That was the first and only thing I heard. So, if that's "still listening" to him, guilty as charged. I just reaffirmed to me the smug Hawk he is.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Actually, my tv was still on MC 22 from last night when I turned it on when I got home. That was the first and only thing I heard. So, if that's "still listening" to him, guilty as charged. I just reaffirmed to me the smug Hawk he is.

Fair enough. Nice to know he hasn't changed.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Few probably want to admit it, but for me, sports radio was so much better when Deace was doing his thing(sports). I may listen 5 minutes a week now where in the past I would always tune in as soon as the show started.

Deace is a right wing nut. **** him He slobberred UM anyway.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
It's especially bad when he has Michael Rappaport sub as the host. The guy is so spastic it's all he can do to string two coherent sentences together.

That's one thing we can agree on. He just seems like a 'LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME' puke face.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Few probably want to admit it, but for me, sports radio was so much better when Deace was doing his thing(sports). I may listen 5 minutes a week now where in the past I would always tune in as soon as the show started.

I always liked Deace, he was passionate with what he did (sports or politics).

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
They just announced on KXNO that starting September 4th that the Colin Cowherd Show is replacing Rich Eisen from 11 am - 2 pm.

Reactions: thetwofour

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
They just announced on KXNO that starting September 4th that the Colin Cowherd Show is replacing Rich Eisen from 11 am - 2 pm.

Thank goodness. I know Hawk fans will be in a tizzy but my goodness Rich Eisen is the epitome of a biased talk show. How he can have a national show consisting of him talking about the Yankees, slobbering all over Jim Harbaugh, and hardly mentioning any pro sport other than the NFL is beyond me. Sure he hits the headlines but he was terrible. Dan Patrick Show-lite as far as using his in house staff. Cowherd will rub some people the wrong way, but he at least has opinions.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Would be funny if Cowherd's first show in Des Moines is the Monday after the Hawks lost to Wyoming. Probably won't happen but would be classic if it did.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
Nobody cares about your website so you can quit promoting it on here.

25K unique visitors in the first month would disagree with you, and closing in on 50k pretty quickly this month. But who's counting ;)

There's no hiding that Chris and Cyfan are the big dogs on the block, I come here for more then just promoting our site. There's great content here and Chris and his team do a fantastic job. It's two totally different niches, no hard feelings Cytwins, I'd dislike me too if I lost as many arguments to Section 110 as you did.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
25K unique visitors in the first month would disagree with you, and closing in on 50k pretty quickly this month. But who's counting ;)

There's no hiding that Chris and Cyfan are the big dogs on the block, I come here for more then just promoting our site. There's great content here and Chris and his team do a fantastic job. It's two totally different niches, no hard feelings Cytwins, I'd dislike me too if I lost as many arguments to Section 110 as you did.

That actually seems like pretty low numbers, especially for a whole month.

I never lost an argument to your brother. He actually knows less about sports than you. There's a reason both of you guys got banned from here multiple times.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I've enjoyed listening to Ken and Trent so far. Lots of guests I've liked over the years and just straight up sports. Plus, I enjoyed hearing how Ken thinks one team in the state will b 6-6 and one will be 5-7 and he's not sure who does what yet.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa

Unless you're a paying advertiser, you probably shouldn't be doing that.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I've enjoyed listening to Ken and Trent so far. Lots of guests I've liked over the years and just straight up sports. Plus, I enjoyed hearing how Ken thinks one team in the state will b 6-6 and one will be 5-7 and he's not sure who does what yet.

Ken Miller is really well connected and pulls in a solid lineup of guests. When he left KXNO Chris and Ross really had to completely rebuild the show and they knocked it out of the park. One thing I always appreciate with Ken is that he doesn't have a personal connection to either Iowa State or Iowa and he pretty much calls it like he sees it. Marty tried getting him to put on the black and gold tinted glasses and for the most part Ken did a pretty good job staying neutral.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound and mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Ken Miller is really well connected and pulls in a solid lineup of guests. When he left KXNO Chris and Ross really had to completely rebuild the show and they knocked it out of the park. One thing I always appreciate with Ken is that he doesn't have a personal connection to either Iowa State or Iowa and he pretty much calls it like he sees it. Marty tried getting him to put on the black and gold tinted glasses and for the most part Ken did a pretty good job staying neutral.

Yeah definitely agree. Because if Ken was a Hawk homer, he wouldn't have come out and said Iowa will be lucky to make a bowl game in the first 15 minutes of his brand new show. I respect that about him. It's a good reminder for the next time he rips on ISU.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
The morning rush is a decent show. It's better with Ross and Heather. Murphy and Andy is a great show, and Cw has really come into his own with his show. I personally think Ross is the best sports talk guy in the market.
Man, I disagree with a lot of this. I do agree the Morning Rush is better with Ross and Heather, but when Travis is on, the show is abysmal. I don't think Travis does any sort of research before hitting the air, just rolls out of his bed in Omaha, bellies up to his computer and does the show. His whole "I'm not PC, I'm going to say whatever I want" shtick is overplayed and annoying. He's the absolute worst interviewer on radio. His interview last season when UNI was struggling at the beginning of the year was some of the most cringe worthy radio I've ever listened to. The Panthers had lost 11 of 13, Jacobson came on and Travis' first question was, "you sound a little down lolol...". Also, he sounds like an old, fat, Seth Rogan.

Ross on the other hand, I usually enjoy him with Chris, but he goes off on tangents and ends up sounding like Travis. "My opinion is right, you're wrong, there's nothing you can do to change my opinion". Don't even get me started on him and the Hawks. I'm not sure he even watches Iowa sports. Williams usually knows more about him when it comes to Iowa sports and it's pathetic. Sometimes Fanatics sounds more like Chris having insightful sports commentary and Ross disagreeing for disagreements sake.

When Fanatics started, I thought CW sounded a bit like a fish outta water, but now I find him to be one of the most prepared sports journalists in Central Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I have always liked Ken, but I can't stand Trent. Just the epitome of a whiny condescending hawk fan. Isn't he a purple hawk on top of it? No way am I listening to that. I guess it could be fun if he talks **** to Trent the way he use to talk **** to Brinson.

• Agree
Reactions: dosry5

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I don't like or dislike Eisen but I dislike Cowherd. He is just a troll.
Glad to have Miller back on the air.