Keeler: ISU's Bill Fennelly keeps the good times rolling

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Good read from the rag. Sorry if this has been posted already.

The hail turns to a cold rain, naked trees weep into puddles of mud, but inside Bill Fennelly's office, it's sunny and 75. Same as always.

"I can't deny it, life's good right now for me," Fennelly says Thursday afternoon, the day after clinching his 300th victory as the women's basketball coach at Iowa State and his ninth 20-win campaign in Ames. "It's living a dream, man. I know I keep pinching myself."

The dog days of winter drag on and on. The economy's in the tank; 401(k)s have turned into 201(k)s; half your office has some kind of flu bug. All the while, Mother Nature yanks our chains - 25 degrees one day, followed by 59 and gorgeous, followed by 38 and mush. These are the times to treasure the things you can count on. Family. Faith. Fennelly.

LINK to rest of the article.

Last edited by a moderator:

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Very good article.

I edited your post and added the link to the article so that the post follows Jeremy's guideline of not posting entire articles from other web sites.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Good read from the rag. Sorry if this has been posted already.

The hail turns to a cold rain, naked trees weep into puddles of mud, but inside Bill Fennelly's office, it's sunny and 75. Same as always.

"I can't deny it, life's good right now for me," Fennelly says Thursday afternoon, the day after clinching his 300th victory as the women's basketball coach at Iowa State and his ninth 20-win campaign in Ames. "It's living a dream, man. I know I keep pinching myself."

The dog days of winter drag on and on. The economy's in the tank; 401(k)s have turned into 201(k)s; half your office has some kind of flu bug. All the while, Mother Nature yanks our chains - 25 degrees one day, followed by 59 and gorgeous, followed by 38 and mush. These are the times to treasure the things you can count on. Family. Faith. Fennelly.

LINK to rest of the article.

Fine article, but if I hear the 401(k) to 201(k) joke again I may go on a homicidal rampage.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Billy and Lyndsey Medders' wedding:
"It'll be at Hilton Coliseum, so it'll be the social event of the year in Ames. Someone joked with me that there'll be more people at Hilton than there were at the first game at Hilton that I coached in."

Getting hitched inside Hilton..pretty darn cool.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Wow - his son is marrying a former player. Wonder how those two ever hooked up <wink>. Seems a little awkward, but it's cool - like what you call a Cyclone family.

even though he's marrying off his first son, Billy - now the director of women's basketball operations at Northwestern - in May to former Iowa State point guard Lyndsey Medders.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Very good article.

I edited your post and added the link to the article so that the post follows Jeremy's guideline of not posting entire articles from other web sites.

Ooops and thank you!

Z

Please note the paragraph "that everyone wants instant gratification"...good point by Bill and I think he was saying something to cyclone nation. Yes sometimes it sucks, but keep your eye on the bigger picture.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Please note the paragraph "that everyone wants instant gratification"...good point by Bill and I think he was saying something to cyclone nation. Yes sometimes it sucks, but keep your eye on the bigger picture.

I think any coach would complain about "instant gratification" pressure.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
Well, he's one of the reasons that people crave "instant gratification". He was and is "instantly gratifying".