KC Area

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
Anyone have any recomendations on decent/reasonable 1 BR apartments in the Overland Park area. Ideally, I would have liked to live in the downtown/plaza area but that is more driving than I would like to do right now. So now, I would like to get a place close to a highway/interstate so I can get downtown and to Kaufman Stadium as quickly as possible.

Thanks...

Vinniemac

Apr 21, 2006
Olathe, KS
We live at the Wyncroft Hill Apts at 119th and Blackbob in Olathe.
It is just south of the intersection of I-35 and 435. It is a nice complex
in a great area of shopping and restaurants. It takes about 20-25 minutes
to get downtown or to the stadiums.

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
We live at the Wyncroft Hill Apts at 119th and Blackbob in Olathe.
It is just south of the intersection of I-35 and 435. It is a nice complex
in a great area of shopping and restaurants. It takes about 20-25 minutes
to get downtown or to the stadiums.

Thanks, seems like a nice place for a decent price. Maybe slightly farther than I want to drive to work but Ill check it out. Plus It might be worth it to live that close to Oklahoma Joe's......

Anybody else have any thoughts....

dtlantz

Apr 10, 2006
Maryland
Hope you don't mind but I am going to poach off of this thread. I'm moving to KC in two weeks and am trying to find a 1BR in either downtown or the Plaza. I've been looking at the Library Lofts and SoHo but if anyone else has any other recommendations, let me know!

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
Hope you don't mind but I am going to poach off of this thread. I'm moving to KC in two weeks and am trying to find a 1BR in either downtown or the Plaza. I've been looking at the Library Lofts and SoHo but if anyone else has any other recommendations, let me know!

It ok.... Only if I get some responses too.... lol

cyclone456

Apr 12, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Check out Aspen Lodge in Overland Park its right off of 35 and 87th St., lived there for a year when i moved to KC a very large 2 bedroom was $700

dabears32

Nov 23, 2009
Check out Aspen Lodge in Overland Park its right off of 35 and 87th St., lived there for a year when i moved to KC a very large 2 bedroom was $700

Thanks.

Just to clarify, the staring point for my search is in the 435/Metcalf/69 area. Being from Iowa I forget how spread out towns can be.

CyBraveBear

Sep 28, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Anyone have any recomendations on decent/reasonable 1 BR apartments in the Overland Park area. Ideally, I would have liked to live in the downtown/plaza area but that is more driving than I would like to do right now. So now, I would like to get a place close to a highway/interstate so I can get downtown and to Kaufman Stadium as quickly as possible.

Thanks...

Hello fellow Cyclone & Bears fan. i live at The Preserve at Overland Park. On Quivera and not to far off of 435. Not a bad area

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I looked at a few places in that part of overland park when I moved here. I don't think you can go wrong anywhere in that area, but price could always be an issue.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006

My daughter lived in an apartment building at 46th and Broadway when she was going to UMKC. It is 2 blocks north of the Plaza. Safe, 1 bedroom and inexpensive.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
My wife and I just moved into the Stuart Hall Lofts in the Freighthouse District. We are right next to Jack Stack BBQ and many other fantastic restaurants. Union Station is directly to our south. We can walk there and take "The Link" to Crown Center without having to go outside.

There is plenty of parking and very pet friendly. We are extremely happy to be in downtown KC!

resident

Nov 13, 2006
seattle
A few questions you guys should answer before I will offer an opinion...

*How old are you?
*Are you married? With children? Single? Looking?
*Do you like to go to bars on the weekends? Weekdays?
*Do you have a preference between interesting architecture and streets upon streets of beige houses?
*What are your hobbies?
*Ames hangout of choice?
*House or apartment? per month budget?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron