Just tired.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Not going to go off on some long rant. Just going to try summing up my thoughts in a few rambling paragraphs.

I like Coach Rhoads the person, the man, whatever. But as a head football coach? I did at first. He showed a passion for the job that, as he said in his locker room speech, made me so proud to be a fan. But since then I have grown less and less proud of what's going on with the football program, and more tired.

Like most of you, I've been patient. But 7 years in, and what do we have to show for it? A 1-2 start after a 2-10 season. Granted, I really think Iowa is legit this year, but we should have won that one. And Toledo? We were a chip shot away from 2-1.

Things clearly aren't progressing. And now we have a SEZ to fill and higher ticket prices. I hope things turn around soon. Otherwise it'll look really embarrassing with a brand new section of seats but no one to fill them.

Have no clue what should be done. I just know I'm tired and I'm done buying into the hype and false hope we're usually fed in the offseason.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I have a feeling we will somehow magically go 4-5 in Big 12 and finish 5-7.

Then what? We will be in this horrible middle ground with nothing but a losing Big 12 record to show for it.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Not going to go off on some long rant. Just going to try summing up my thoughts in a few rambling paragraphs.

I like Coach Rhoads the person, the man, whatever. But as a head football coach? I did at first. He showed a passion for the job that, as he said in his locker room speech, made me so proud to be a fan. But since then I have grown less and less proud of what's going on with the football program, and more tired.

Like most of you, I've been patient. But 7 years in, and what do we have to show for it? A 1-2 start after a 2-10 season. Granted, I really think Iowa is legit this year, but we should have won that one. And Toledo? We were a chip shot away from 2-1.

Things clearly aren't progressing. And now we have a SEZ to fill and higher ticket prices. I hope things turn around soon. Otherwise it'll look really embarrassing with a brand new section of seats but no one to fill them.

Have no clue what should be done. I just know I'm tired and I'm done buying into the hype and false hope we're usually fed in the offseason.

I more or less agree with you. But what hype and false hope during the off season are you talking about? It was pretty clear that we were going to get more of the same that we'd seen the previous 2 seasons.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
I more or less agree with you. But what hype and false hope during the off season are you talking about? It was pretty clear that we were going to get more of the same that we'd seen the previous 112 years.

FIFY.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Tired = apathy.

i know this because I am there with you. I laughed at the tv during the game, never was really mad because we are a joke. And it's not the fact that we lost, it's how poorly coached we are and how we can't make any progress or improvement as individuals or as a team.

My butt will be firmly planted in the combine the rest of the fall. I will listen to JW, but will probably be doing more laughing than cheering in joy or yelling in anger. I just don't care.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs

that was kinda a long rant...

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I never got mad and never was very nervous. In fact, literally before Warren's fumble I said "How can we Iowa State this?" Apathy is defined as chuckling at losing instead of getting angry. Last night was like being at the Chuckle Hut.

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
This string of futility and missed opportunities has me plum exhausted:

(L) Texas Tech 13-24
(L) K State 21-27
(L) WV 24-31
(L) Tulsa 17-31

(L) UNI 20-28
(L) Iowa 21-27
(L) Texas 30-31
(L) T Tech 35-42

(L) NDSU 14-34
(L) K State 28-32
(L) T Tech 31-34
(L) Texas 45-48
(L) KU 14-34

(L) Iowa 17-31
(L) Toledo 23-30

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm in much the same boat. It's just become exhausting watching us event new ways to lose. When we lost last night I wasn't really mad and I wasn't really sad. I had a little chuckle then switched over and watched some real football. This will be my last year with season tickets unless something changes. At some point, and I can't pinpoint quite when, something changed in CPR. I just don't see the passion. I don't see the risk taking. I see a guy in over his head that has no idea what to do other than wander around the sideline trying to find a line judge to yell at.

I'm not sure a coaching change will make a world of different. All I know is what we have going on isn't working.

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
I agree. If I had stayed up till 11 watching our basketball team lose a closet over in overtime, I would have laid in bed awake for hours.

I fell asleep instantly last night. Long, sloppy, uninspired game.

Apathy.....

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Apathy has set in. I laughed when we missed the game winner, and i laughed again when we couldn't even throw the ball into the end zone on the final play of the second OT. I woke up Saturday morning not even knowing what time the game started. I've never been this apathetic about ISU football before.

Spam

May 21, 2008
giphy.gif

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I more or less agree with you. But what hype and false hope during the off season are you talking about? It was pretty clear that we were going to get more of the same that we'd seen the previous 2 seasons.

Come on the hype train was in full effect from this site and every site and the kool aid drinkers far outnumbered the realistic posters. I got banned for a week from this site for not chugging the kool aid and getting on the over hype train. Everyone was going with the "This team will surprise people". Some even tried to keep the ruse up after the Iowa game ffs.

josh4cyclones

Sep 25, 2012
I'm in much the same boat. It's just become exhausting watching us event new ways to lose. When we lost last night I wasn't really mad and I wasn't really sad. I had a little chuckle then switched over and watched some real football. This will be my last year with season tickets unless something changes. At some point, and I can't pinpoint quite when, something changed in CPR. I just don't see the passion. I don't see the risk taking. I see a guy in over his head that has no idea what to do other than wander around the sideline trying to find a line judge to yell at.

I'm not sure a coaching change will make a world of different. All I know is what we have going on isn't working.
I so agree with you but do think we need a fresh start and thus have a full overhaul of the staff. I feel we are going to lose to KU. And I want to point out I think Paul is a good person but good people with no passion needs a divorce.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I agree. If I had stayed up till 11 watching our basketball team lose a closet over in overtime, I would have laid in bed awake for hours.

I fell asleep instantly last night. Long, sloppy, uninspired game.

Apathy.....

Youve summed up my behavior after every basketball loss.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
It's just frustrating because you can see there is talent on this team, but it seems the coaching is holding them back

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I have a feeling we will somehow magically go 4-5 in Big 12 and finish 5-7.

Then what? We will be in this horrible middle ground with nothing but a losing Big 12 record to show for it.

I understand what you are saying but the most conference games Rhoads has won is 3....no way we get to 4 conference wins.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron