Just ready for football

CloneINOregon

Aug 16, 2010
Portland
I heard a local high school marching band practicing as I left for work this morning, and it just put me in that ready for football mood.

Season can't get here soon enough, preseason NFL isn't doing much for me.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
For me, it's the smell. Something about it cooling down and the smell of fall. That's what gets me going. Granted, it's not for a little while but it's always the reminder that football is here.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Our junior high kids had a great practice tonight. First night in full pads so we did form tackling. The kids were bringing it, hitting hard and really getting after each other. Just absolutely made my day. Man I can't wait to see ISU play again.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
RIght now doing the annual RUDY watch before the season kicks off. I hate ND, but Love the movie!

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I heard a local high school marching band practicing as I left for work this morning, and it just put me in that ready for football mood.

Season can't get here soon enough, preseason NFL isn't doing much for me.

I love walking around campus and hearing the ISU band practice. Those damn drums get me every time.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
For me it's the sound of the crowd and the whistles from across town as the sophomore game is going on before the varsity game.

Just saw highlights tonight from the Meskwaki high school's first ever home game. Really got me fired up!

abatha

Aug 17, 2010
When I was in high school the fall meant hunting AND football seasons. The night before a Friday game was as exciting as the hunting season which always opened the next day on Satyurday. No sleep ever for me that weekend!!!

abatha

Aug 17, 2010
When I was in high school the fall meant hunting AND football seasons. The night before a Friday game was as exciting as the hunting season which always opened the next day on Saturday. No sleep ever for me that weekend!!!

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
I park north of Lincoln Way, East of University in the residential neighborhood for all FB games. The best part of the pregame for me is walking that long walk, headphones in listening to JW on the radio. The smell of grills, the sound of the dry leaves under your feet. The hoards of fans, blankets under arm, decked out in Card and Gold walking the same walk I do. Then walking south on University seeing all the tailgaters.
Fall and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate the fact that it means summer is over and winter is fast approaching, but those couple months where it's not too hot not too cold are great for FB in central Iowa. 11 Days Away, Baby!!!