Jessica Shepard transferring from Nebraska

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Basically, Notre Dame a top WBB team was sunk this year without her....that is why the exception was made. I'd love to know what administrators/coaches were on the committee that granted the waiver. We all talk about the NCAA like it is evil, but it is committees of ADs and Coaches that make these decisions....which is what makes me sick. I think they should let BBall players play immediately if the school they leave doesn't object.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'd rather let Middleton redshirt this year and play next year anyway. Sacrifice a mediocre year this year to have a potentially great team next season.

I guess she was a junior last year....I was thinking she was a soph sitting out a year....

you always keep me straight on facts!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Too bad the Notre Dame entitled program isn't playing Geno's gang this year. Would like to see the Irish get pounded. I kinda disliked them but moving towards hating them and their sacred goddess of coaching.

BTW, UCONN is playing OU and Texas this season. At Texas. Sooners are at UCONN.

Reactions: runbikeswim

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Last edited:

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
I think transfers should be standardized for all NCAA D-1 sports. I like the proposal driven, in part, by the ISU prof. Hopefully it at least gets a reform going.

• Agree
Reactions: gizzsdad

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah she sacrificed a good bit of integrity on that one.

It's likely less about integrity than it is pure arrogance and sense of entitlement she thinks she and ND deserve.

I hope they get crushed in the NCAA's by someone. Maybe by Baylor who she likely thinks of as an upstart usurper even after crushing her in that 2012 game.

BTW, I kinda hate Notre Dame.

Last edited:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
I'd say her start at ND has been pretty spectacular - averaging 16 ppg with a 57% FG percentage...

Yeah, pretty impressive numbers considering she is only getting 27 minutes a game. She could be doing a lot better is her fitness was better. She gets gassed easily still. For a star upperclassmen player, 27 minutes a game is not great. She is also a bit slow on defense, she is leading the team in personal fouls, and second worst on turnovers.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
It's likely less about integrity than it is pure arrogance and sense of entitlement she thinks she and ND deserve.

I hope they get crushed in the NCAA's by someone. Maybe by Baylor who she likely thinks of as an upstart usurper even after crushing her in that 2012 game.

BTW, I kinda hate Notre Dame.

Notre Dame is a bit of an enigma to me. Tennessee had them whooped until Holly's poor coaching adjustments, or should I say lack thereof, became a factor. God, what Bill Fennelly could do with her roster. ND looked terrible at Louisville, and then went to FSU and blew a really good FSU team away on their home court.

UConn to me did not look great to start the year, but they sure looked pretty impressive at South Carolina, but they had something to prove since SC won they tourney. UConn struggled dealing with the size/physical nature of Texas, so I think Baylor, Texas, and some of the SEC programs will give them trouble.

My money this year is on Baylor. Has been since the start of the season. I don't think South Carolina has enough weapons. Mississippi State cannot be overlooked, they play so composed, are very humble kids, and Vic Shaffer, is an amazing coach. Don't discount Louisville or Tennessee either. Louisville has one of the best coaches in the business IMO, and Tennessee has some amazing athletes that are dynamite when on, if Holly's pound it to the post mentality doesn't get in the way.

A lot depends on the draw, but a lot of the second tier teams this year could give the top tier teams fits, like Missouri, FSU, West Virginia, tOSU, etc. And Georgia is playing really good ball right now, even though they lost to LSU this week (who has been coming on).

The SEC is really the deep league this year. There are 7 SEC teams in the top 30 of the RPI. What makes me scared, ISU being in the bottom half of the Big 12 this year, is that the Big 12 really isn't that deep this year other than the top 2 teams.

Really don't know what to make of the Pac 12 this year.

• Agree
Reactions: geewago

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
She didn't have a bad soph year either - even with the extra lbs. Would be a great get for ISU, or anyone in the country really.
I think it's really time to panic for Husker WBB fans. All they have are guards next year, it appears, for a program already at the bottom of the conference.
So much for canning the "too tough, too mean" coach Yori for the kinder, gentler coach Williams...

A classic case of wanting to do better in the B1G....and firing Connie Yori and bringing in a gentler coach who will keep Nebbie in Last Frickin' Place in the b1g.......Another epic failure from your non-friendly nebbie athletic dept.....enjoy... LOL ...enjoy......

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I just
Looked her up. Never heard of her. CRazy how out of shape she is for a major D1 player. I’m guessing her defense is not the best.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
A classic case of wanting to do better in the B1G....and firing Connie Yori and bringing in a gentler coach who will keep Nebbie in Last Frickin' Place in the b1g.......Another epic failure from your non-friendly nebbie athletic dept.....enjoy... LOL ...enjoy......

Nebraska is in 3rd place in the BIG - beat Iowa twice, including handily in Iowa City. They are doing this without Shepard. Amy Williams can coach. She also has one of the top recruits from the state of Iowa signed for next season.

Reactions: Oleclone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Nebraska is in 3rd place in the BIG - beat Iowa twice, including handily in Iowa City. They are doing this without Shepard. Amy Williams can coach. She also has one of the top recruits from the state of Iowa signed for next season.

And the men are doing okay this year also. NCAA team if they keep pace.

Basketball school!

jahoney

Sep 7, 2012
They are third in the Big 10. They are doing just fine. They are doing a lot better than when they had Connie Yori. Amy Williams is doing a great job. She is doing better then our own women staff right now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron