Jeremy Hollowell visit

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Won't be playing him next year anyway.

Seems to be a lot of hostility towards a guy we dont necessarily need and nobody knew of or had heard about until we got involved.

Kid wanted to go somewhere else to play....so be it.....not like we missed out on Patrick Ewing here.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Seems to be a lot of hostility towards a guy we dont necessarily need and nobody knew of or had heard about until we got involved.

Kid wanted to go somewhere else to play....so be it.....not like we missed out on Patrick Ewing here.

Yes, and I'm not even convinced we were interested in him. I really doubt they would have taken a commitment until after Ryan Anderson made his choice. I tend to think we decided to push his visit until after Anderson's and that he then realized that Georgia State was likely his best option at that point.

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Yes, and I'm not even convinced we were interested in him. I really doubt they would have taken a commitment until after Ryan Anderson made his choice. I tend to think we decided to push his visit until after Anderson's and that he then realized that Georgia State was likely his best option at that point.

I agree. Felt more like a kick the tires/ due diligence more than gushing over him.

Who knows....with the guys coming to that program and he appears to have a significant role on the team...cant really blame him for wanting to play as opposed to sit on our bench.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I don't know why some are assuming that he picked Georgia State over ISU. The staff was obviously in contact with him but what makes anyone think he had an offer?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Bashing?

Oh, I see, you are as sensitive to a nay word as you are Iowa mentions.
One post pointing out the small conference and minimal coverage is hardly bashing, certainly not enough for a plea to overt criticism.

Iron your panties. It was just a cut & paste to back up somebody else's opinion that's shared by others. I'm quite neutral on Hollowell.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
After last week, we started to assume that every prospect would want to come here.

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA
How do people know for a fact it wasn't us that cut off the interest, or never had it, and not Hollowell?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
How do people know for a fact it wasn't us that cut off the interest, or never had it, and not Hollowell?

I think that's pretty obviously the case. ISU doesn't have a huge need for him and he'd likely be a bench player.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Yes. Find major fault with a young guy making his decision. Good call.

I could care less where is he going, he clearly wanted to be a starter right away and he'll get that at Georgia State. It came off as bashing and I should of worded it differently so thats my mistake. Georgia State will actually have a solid cast with Hare, Ware, and now him. Plus GSU has a pretty good coach. I hope he does well there it just seems weird to me that you'd rather go to a tiny school like that compared to a Big 10, Big 12, etc. conference.

Last edited: