Jenna Brandt Transferring...

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Interesting on two counts if true. One, with her and Mauck both departing, who will be the setter for the Spring season? Two, her younger sister from the Class of 2022 is committed to ISU.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Alright, which one of our DSs has good enough hands to set until there's a replacement?

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Alright, which one of our DSs has good enough hands to set until there's a replacement?
I am guessing that an unknown transfer is joining the program and immediately eligible this Spring or incoming 2021 setter Addi Heidemann is enrolling early.

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Interesting on two counts if true. One, with her and Mauck both departing, who will be the setter for the Spring season? Two, her younger sister from the Class of 2022 is committed to ISU.
Also will be interesting to see if Brandt will be immediately eligible for UNI. VB players are ordinarily immediately eligible the following season with no waiver required. Since UNI didn't play in the Fall, I wonder if she can play for them in the Spring even though ISU will be completing their season in the Spring. UNI has two freshmen setters so it's likely Brandt would immediately start for UNI if eligible.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Also will be interesting to see if Brandt will be immediately eligible for UNI. VB players are ordinarily immediately eligible the following season with no waiver required. Since UNI didn't play in the Fall, I wonder if she can play for them in the Spring even though ISU will be completing their season in the Spring. UNI has two freshmen setters so it's likely Brandt would immediately start for UNI if eligible.
I don't know much about volleyball, but I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to play the same sport for two different universities in the same academic year. I assume that applies here.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I don't know much about volleyball, but I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to play the same sport for two different universities in the same academic year. I assume that applies here.
I would think so but the movement of the VB season from Fall to Spring for a high % of D1 VB programs certainly makes her case for immediate eligibility unique.

And the possibility of ISU finishing off their season this Spring without an accomplished setter on the roster is embarrassing and and further evidence of the disturbing downtrend trend of the program. This is assuming that prior reports of Mauck being a Fall graduate and not playing this Spring remain valid.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I’m sure COVID eligibility is in play like everywhere else?
It is my understanding the COVID eligibility rules stipulated that an athlete had to be enrolled at the school during the Fall semester in order to play in the Spring. Under those rules, a transferring athlete like Brandt wouldn't be eligible to play this Spring at UNI.

However, VB previously permitted immediate eligibility in the following season for transferring athletes. Since UNI didn't play in the Fall and will start their season later this month, would that situation permit Brandt to start playing for UNI this Spring? I would doubt it as mred suggested in another post.

Last edited:

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Piper will be playing in spring.
That's good given the Brandt transfer. It was previously reported she had graduated and was done. With the extra year of eligibility being granted, is she planning to play Fall 2021 as a grad student?

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
That's good given the Brandt transfer. It was previously reported she had graduated and was done. With the extra year of eligibility being granted, is she planning to play Fall 2021 as a grad student?
I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure she's only playing spring & then moving on.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Addie must be pretty good for Jenna to transfer at this point. I saw she is ranked 127 in her class. Played for a very small school and won to straight state championships. Was third team Super-State (all-classes) in the Lincoln paper. Only one setter per team, so not bad. She is also 5-11, so should be able to help on the block in the front row.

Hope her younger sister Karli wants to play with her again. She is a 6-2 soph and was second team Super State.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Addie must be pretty good for Jenna to transfer at this point. I saw she is ranked 127 in her class. Played for a very small school and won to straight state championships. Was third team Super-State (all-classes) in the Lincoln paper. Only one setter per team, so not bad. She is also 5-11, so should be able to help on the block in the front row.

Hope her younger sister Karli wants to play with her again. She is a 6-2 soph and was second team Super State.
Time will tell how good she will be but she is coming to ISU as a walkon and, as of now, the only setter on the projected Fall 2021 roster. I am guessing a transfer setter will be pursued and added after Spring semester.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
You are correct per this UNI release:

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
Kinda sad for me, not a lot of us SF Cougars end up at Iowa State. (Not that there are a lot of us to begin with!)

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Has Nicole Drewnick picked a school yet? We could use a 6'2" SO setter-
In another thread, a poster suggested that CJL was bringing in a transfer setter but the post was later deleted.

Some transfer has to be brought in with a non-schollie incoming frosh being the only setter on the current projected Fall 2021 roster.

SMP05

Oct 10, 2015

Iowa State hasn't announced anything yet ~ but looks like we have a setter transferring in from a very good Missouri team. (They just lost in the tourney to Ohio State.) I do not have a lot of information, but looking at the stats, I am guessing that she was the back up setter competing with another junior for the spot.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Iowa State hasn't announced anything yet ~ but looks like we have a setter transferring in from a very good Missouri team. (They just lost in the tourney to Ohio State.) I do not have a lot of information, but looking at the stats, I am guessing that she was the back up setter competing with another junior for the spot.
Yeah, she is playing behind a RS JR All-SEC setter. Newsome needs to bring along two Iowans, Kylie Deberg and Kenna Sauer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron