JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I knew you wouldnt be able to do it.

You like to lecture Iowa fans about their behavior and their lack of calling out other Iowa fans but dont do jack when ISU fans when they act the same way.

Being a hypocrite is worse than trolling.
1976 was one of the dumbest ISU fans on here. All I did was search 1976 under my posts. The thread is locked, so here ya go:
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...-march-this-year.244776/page-164#post-6538908

I supported what I thought was a good Iowa team.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pretty sure that guy isnt an ISU fan.

And thats nowhere close to a lecture. You disagreed with him.
Dude, I said I would make a charity bet and I called it a steaming take.
How are you pretty sure he isn't an ISU fan. He was banned before you where here.

Continue to be you though.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I knew you wouldnt be able to do it.

You like to lecture Iowa fans about their behavior and their lack of calling out other Iowa fans but dont do jack when ISU fans when they act the same way.

Being a hypocrite is worse than trolling.
Actually hiding behind your own bad takes that you are unwilling to admit to while making fun of others that have had bad takes is worse.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I've also completely taken back what I said about Garza, as well as CJF. I've been nothing but complimentary about Iowa basketball after that game against Iowa State. They looked better, they played better, they are better. It's not that hard to admit I was wrong and that my takes now look dumb.
Pre-season I was just hoping the Hawks would make the NIT.....never imagined this kind of improvement out of Garza.

I thought the Clones would be a bubble NCAA type team....

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pre-season I was just hoping the Hawks would make the NIT.....never imagined this kind of improvement out of Garza.

I probably thought the same thing. Maybe Fran has realized that smaller rotations (thru injuries) are working out better, I dunno.
When people think you can't do something and you are doing it based upon working hard and having fun, you are playing with house money.
I hope for your viewing pleasure that you don't end up in that dreaded 5 spot playing a 12 St Marys, Xavier, etc.

Reactions: dexterhawk

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

That's exactly where I was at. I didn't think we'd be great this year, but didn't think we'd be struggling like we have.

The key to Iowa this year has been CJ and Garza. CJ gives you another threat from the outside and Garza has been dominant. Joe Weiscamp has given exactly what everyone thought he would and all the others have filled in when needed, but CJ and Garza have made Iowa what they are.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I probably thought the same thing. Maybe Fran has realized that smaller rotations (thru injuries) are working out better, I dunno.
When people think you can't do something and you are doing it based upon working hard and having fun, you are playing with house money.
I hope for your viewing pleasure that you don't end up in that dreaded 5 spot playing a 12 St Marys, Xavier, etc.
Yeah the NCAA tournament is going to be very spicy this year. I could see a ton of upsets happening. There is not going to be a ton of differences between a lot of the seeds and I reckon a lot of teams are going to be unhappy with their draw.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
That's exactly where I was at. I didn't think we'd be great this year, but didn't think we'd be struggling like we have.

The key to Iowa this year has been CJ and Garza. CJ gives you another threat from the outside and Garza has been dominant. Joe Weiscamp has given exactly what everyone thought he would and all the others have filled in when needed, but CJ and Garza have made Iowa what they are.

Would you say Fran has done a good coaching job this year? I mean we lost a NBA player, and lost a player to Kansas. We have also lost to injury 2 starters and a 4* Fr. recruit. I think he is coaching his ass off this year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Would you say Fran has done a good coaching job this year? I mean we lost a NBA player, and lost a player to Kansas. We have also lost to injury 2 starters and a 4* Fr. recruit. I think he is coaching his ass off this year.
I would say this has been his best coaching job since he's been at Iowa. He's maximizing his player's abilities and has got his team playing at a high level while having to deal with players leaving and getting injured.

I think he's also done a better job with playing the right guys and not playing guys simply because they're on scholarship, which has been a problem of his in the past.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I would say this has been his best coaching job since he's been at Iowa. He's maximizing his player's abilities and has got his team playing at a high level while having to deal with players leaving and getting injured.

I think he's also done a better job with playing the right guys and not playing guys simply because they're on scholarship, which has been a problem of his in the past.

I have been highly critical of Fran, but man so far this year he has done an outstanding job. I thought he did a great job last year as well. With basically the same team as what he had in '17-'18 (which was a horrible team), he somehow got them to the NCAA.

Now I have been taking some shots at Prohm, but if he did bounce back next year to the NCAA, that will be a good coaching job out of him.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah the NCAA tournament is going to be very spicy this year. I could see a ton of upsets happening. There is not going to be a ton of differences between a lot of the seeds and I reckon a lot of teams are going to be unhappy with their draw.
As long as a degenerate like Pearl doesnt get back to the Final Four I'll be glad.
Louisville and Butler are 2 of my picks so far.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I'll believe Fran's a convert if he goes to it next year. Quite frankly I'll be happy with whatever seed they get....

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have been highly critical of Fran, but man so far this year he has done an outstanding job. I thought he did a great job last year as well. With basically the same team as what he had in '17-'18 (which was a horrible team), he somehow got them to the NCAA.

Now I have been taking some shots at Prohm, but if he did bounce back next year to the NCAA, that will be a good coaching job out of him.
Prohm's a good enough recruiter to keep his job, because his teams will be good enough to make the tournament as long as there's not a ton of roster turnover every single year (this year). The problem we've now run into is his players leaving early and leaving him in a hole to try and dig out of, which he has struggled to do so far.

He also has to get better with x's and o's / situational in game type stuff. That's something I desperately miss from Coach Hoiberg because he was an absolute genius when it came to those type of things.

Prohm has to prove it though. Next year is important for Prohm. He has to find a way for that team to be on the bubble or better or else serious conversations will start in regards to his job.

Reactions: Legend Hawk

Help Support Us

Become a patron