Its a Hawkeye State

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Beathard admitted this was their super bowl, so the result is not surprising. Tavernhawks out in full force tonight

sqfuzzy

Sep 1, 2012
I think thats the part that bugs me the most. There is talent in a few spots that could develop well if the coaching were there.

I thought ISU looked like they have some talented players, more-so than the recent pass. Very good WRs and that Tucker was very good as well. ISU fans have some reasons to be optimistic for the season, may not win a ton of games but ISU should be competitive in many.

Twilight

Apr 20, 2015
Rhodes needs to be outed. He's right. But not because of this game, but because of the horrible football team that we've been watching for the last 3 years.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I thought ISU looked like they have some talented players, more-so than the recent pass. Very good WRs and that Tucker was very good as well. ISU fans have some reasons to be optimistic for the season, may not win a ton of games but ISU should be competitive in many.

Hooray! We're more competitive this year! Extension time.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Pack it up guys. We lost our Superbowl. Our season is a failure as a result. -what Hawk fans think Cyclone fans are thinking.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
We were exiting North gate as Iowa scored last TD. Iowa fans were pretty good the whole day. Probably the most docile, well-behaved Iowa/ISU crowd in recent memory beside the 9/11 game that was postponed till Nov.

There were some young Hawkeye students exiting near us, and one skinny-jean blond clay aiken fruitcake started running around screaming throughout the area as hundreds looked on at this moron.....The kid was in need of attention by sprinting like a girl into different tangents

lol. I was waiting for him to get near me. Would of been fun to level this pansy flat onto the asphalt . Looked like he came off the set of Hairspray

The OP reminds me of this kid

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
We were exiting North gate as Iowa scored last TD. Iowa fans were pretty good the whole day. Probably the most docile, well-behaved Iowa/ISU crowd in recent memory beside the 9/11 game that was postponed till Nov.

There were some young Hawkeye students exiting near us, and one skinny-jean blond clay aiken fruitcake started running around screaming throughout the area as hundreds looked on at this moron.....The kid was in need of attention by sprinting like a girl into different tangents

lol. I was waiting for him to get near me. Would of been fun to level this pansy flat onto the asphalt . Looked like he came off the set of Hairspray

The OP reminds me of this kid

We had an ******* Iowa fan around us. He would go into the isle every time Iowa did something good and make a big deal about it. Then someone called him on it thought there was going to be punches thrown.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Completely outplayed 2nd half...
Also completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I don't understand why Hawk fans even get excited about beating ISU in football. It's not like we're any good. Or really have ever been. I think they tend to get a little more euphoric than needed, to be honest. It's not a big deal.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I don't understand why Hawk fans even get excited about beating ISU in football. It's not like we're any good. Or really have ever been. I think they tend to get a little more euphoric than needed, to be honest. It's not a big deal.
I agree beating us is not impressive but the game still means to lot to both teams & fan bases

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
I agree beating us is not impressive but the game still means to lot to both teams & fan bases
This- it really does whether any one wants to admit it or not. Was there yesterday and came away really impressed with the facilities. IMO the team looks better-offense looks the same , but defense improved. If we combined the teams we'd be amazing! Good luck the rest of the year.