ISU Wrestling forum?

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Hey Jeremy, are there any plans for a separate "ISU Wrestling" forum on CF? Right now, there's a lot of wrestling topics in the General forum, and people have been wondering why we don't have a forum for one of the big four sports.

Thanks for all the work you put in!

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I am a supporter of a forum specific to wrestling- however I understand it may be a pretty quiet forum unless there are meets....

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I am a supporter of a forum specific to wrestling- however I understand it may be a pretty quiet forum unless there are meets....
That is probably true, but there just isn't as much going on in between meets right now. Everyone is still in nonconference, and wrestlers don't show the same penchant for doing stupid things that get them in trouble as do football or basketball players... :rolleyes5cz: Not as much to talk about at the moment.

Besides, take a look at the WBB forum: it gets like 15 posts a week, but it's still there because it has its place. I think a wrestling forum makes sense.

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
It’s great to see all the wrestling posts! Keep it up.

I wasn’t sure what would happen here since Cyclone Report kept their wrestling board free. It is good to see a lot of good discussion on both sites. I also favor a separate wrestling board here, if not now, then soon.

Even if it isn’t that busy, I don’t see the issue a less active board creates on CR – where it makes an inviting target for non-Cyclone fan smack.

Keep in mind also that there are 6 freshmen starters on a team that may well be competing in for a national championship in the near future. Both the fan base and the number of wrestling posts could grow a lot.

Go Cyclones!