ISU vs Miami

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
Wow, when we were down 4 in the 2nd, we clawed all the way back. Morgan saved set 2 with a diving "up" on a shot that would have been set point. We then go on to win. That was huge.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I went through the whole 1st two sets as many of you did without being able to see the match. That was frustrating. I think ISU has a chance tonight, but obviously will have to overcome incredible odds. I cannot see this match because I do not have Big 10 network. Also I have another conflict tonight. I wish them the best. I think they are a much better team than their record shows.

Brickhouse

Jul 14, 2015
Chicago burbs
mitten I hope you are right but I have watched a ton of Wisconsin vball this year and I give us a 5% chance.....maybe a 15% chance to take a game

they are good! we are not at the level of the big 10 teams yet .......see the results last year at Illinois!

But there is always a chance

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
I wouldn't give us any better odds than that, maybe less. The progression of the way this season worked, gives me a little hope. I think this is a better team than we put into the NCAA last year.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
if as many UW fans show up tonight as last night, they will have quite the crowd on their side. If nothing else, it's great for us to play in such a hostile environment against an Olympic level setter. This is a tough draw for us so I hope we just give it our best and don't let the wheels fall off.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
one thing I noticed - they really, really want Carlini to take the 2nd touch. Obviously I understand why - but a couple times last night it was extreme and we would have let Nolan or someone closer take it. One of them, Carlini ran all the way to the back left corner, slid on her knees to get there, set the ball and it fell about a foot short of the net. Other players were closer and could have pushed it over instead. I saw this happen at least twice

So I think if we can serve extremely tough, and force Carlini to run all over the place, we can maybe mitigate some of their setting advantage. We won't stop them when they are in system - they are too deadly. We'll have to force them off the net.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So will CG be in the house tonight? We appear to be undefeated in Madison matches that you attend.
Just sayin'. No pressure or anything. :smile:

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
So will CG be in the house tonight? We appear to be undefeated in Madison matches that you attend.
Just sayin'. No pressure or anything. :smile:

hahahaha, please don't tell me I have to go sit in the bathroom at the court!