ISU vs Iowa game factor conversations

zimman18

Apr 7, 2006
www.drinkingrisk.com
I am really antsy and bored at work, and wanted to see what you are all thinking.

I feel that ISU will come out on top if we can stop Albert Young and contain the QBS.

It is going to be windy as hizell, so I am afraid of what that may mean for our passing game. If Iowa puts up a ton of points, I am afraid we may have a tough time keeping up.

Our rushing attack ABSOLUTELY must be able to pickup first downs on short yardage situations, and if we have a lead, we can not just sit on the ball like the past two ball games.

I think we all expect a nail biter, but if our D steps it up, and we get a mediocre performance from the Offense, I think we win.

Final Score ISU 21 Iowa 17

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Do you think we will see a lot of option plays? I also wonder about the kicking game in poor weather conditions.

threemuch

Mar 28, 2006
Portland, OR
Wind schmind. If we are going to win, we will have to establish ground dominance. I heard some ridiculous statistic about ISUs record under mac when we rush more than pass, and when we pass more than run. Does anyone remember this stat? I can't find it, but it was staggering, like 33-4 when we run more than pass.

It is probably skewed a bit from having the likes of Wallace and Meyer, but still, I think if they can run the ball and we can't, we are in trouble. That said, Stevie looks to be at his best.

St8Grad

Mar 30, 2006
Nashville, TN
We certainly need to establish a run presence, but ultimately we'll win by utulizing our greatest assets...Meyer & receiving corps. If it's windy we'll just have to play 'small ball' & throw shorter routes, with the occasional long ball. But let's remember that Meyer can run too! If we keep them honest with frequent passes, Meyer will run all over them. BTW, we also need to play tough dfense & make our field goals. Should be a good one!

zimman18

Apr 7, 2006
www.drinkingrisk.com
Do you think we will see a lot of option plays? I also wonder about the kicking game in poor weather conditions.

I expect to see little to no option, but would like to see Meyer roll out and possibly use his legs and open up his receivers.

I expect Blythe to be doubled the whole game, but maybe we will still throw him a ball or two, unlike past games.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron