ISU Gag Order??

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Take a look at who is on the BOR, recall the situation where one of the BOR members tried to force down the throat of Pres. Leath and ISU the acceptance of her husband's rather insignificant papers from his career in the U.S. Senate with all her terms and conditions, look into her background and then see if you can better understand what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. The behavior of all parties here---Leath, Pollard, Hoiberg---is so inconsistent with what we all have come to know of them that it just seems that we're dealing with a game of political payback because Leath/ISU would not capitulate to establishing a monument the way that BOR member wanted for her husband's papers. I might be wrong, but I'd bet a lot of money on this one.

Not buying the Harkin conspiracy. Actually many years ago Hoiberg campaigned for Harkin. I'm just sure his wife would want to hurt his basketball team.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Take a look at who is on the BOR, recall the situation where one of the BOR members tried to force down the throat of Pres. Leath and ISU the acceptance of her husband's rather insignificant papers from his career in the U.S. Senate with all her terms and conditions, look into her background and then see if you can better understand what is REALLY going on behind the scenes. The behavior of all parties here---Leath, Pollard, Hoiberg---is so inconsistent with what we all have come to know of them that it just seems that we're dealing with a game of political payback because Leath/ISU would not capitulate to establishing a monument the way that BOR member wanted for her husband's papers. I might be wrong, but I'd bet a lot of money on this one.

Also isn't Harkin an ISU grad? The Harkins may not be crazy about Leath, but right now, who is?

mikem

Jul 27, 2010
Not buying the Harkin conspiracy. Actually many years ago Hoiberg campaigned for Harkin. I'm just sure his wife would want to hurt his basketball team.

Oh Lord, you just ensured that a segment of Cyclone fans on this board will now never support Fred again. Say the "O" word, and we will have people in full revolt demanding his removal.

Edit: As you can see by above post, it has already started

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I don't know who exerted the pressure, but someone is responsible for forcing Leath into addressing the Bubu issue in a manner different from other similar situations in the athletics department at ISU. People can come up with whatever theory about who or why, but I doubt we ever find out.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Or, again maybe they just felt (right or wrong) they wanted to make the decision.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't know who exerted the pressure, but someone is responsible for forcing Leath into addressing the Bubu issue in a manner different from other similar situations in the athletics department at ISU. People can come up with whatever theory about who or why, but I doubt we ever find out.

This is the part that makes me wonder as well. I don't know how you can justify the outcome of the Bubu situation with Albert Gary, other than there was some external pressure placed on JP/Leath. Leath took office January 16, 2012 and Gary plead guilty on April 16th, 2012 to a Class C felony as well as going armed with intent. The guy got 3 years of probation and had to report to a halfway house. I can't think of any rationalization for him being allowed to compete but Bubu, having never been found guilty in any way, violated the Code of Conduct and couldn't play...

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Oh Lord, you just ensured that a segment of Cyclone fans on this board will now never support Fred again. Say the "O" word, and we will have people in full revolt demanding his removal.

Edit: As you can see by above post, it has already started

It would work in the other direction too, I'm sure you realize.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
tumblr_mo6psnVuh41r89apso1_500.gif

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
This is the part that makes me wonder as well. I don't know how you can justify the outcome of the Bubu situation with Albert Gary, other than there was some external pressure placed on JP/Leath. Leath took office January 16, 2012 and Gary plead guilty on April 16th, 2012 to a Class C felony as well as going armed with intent. The guy got 3 years of probation and had to report to a halfway house. I can't think of any rationalization for him being allowed to compete but Bubu, having never been found guilty in any way, violated the Code of Conduct and couldn't play...

There is no doubt that there was external pressure, Leath has said so himself. Trying insinuate it was Harkin or his wife is just ridiculous.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
anyone ever get a response from JP? I thought somone was going to email to get the details of the Gag Order?

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Aw, come on, let's keep politics out of here. CFer's, Hoiberg's, and the players' politics are not relevant here.

I guarantee many posters, coaches, and players have political views you (meaning anyone) don't agree with, no matter what they are. Many people can't accept that so might as well just ignore it completely.

Last edited:

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Some people in here are so stupid it's astounding. I'm surprised there isn't someone on here saying Obama caused Bubu to get kicked off.
There is a reason that other player like Gary aren't kicked off. There hasn't been someone that has that appealed the decision to let them play. Let alone one that went all the way to Leath. He is a president that has to think about the university's image, liability. Etc. so you can see why he might make the decision he did. It doesn't take a conspiracy to see how he came to his decision,

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Some people in here are so stupid it's astounding. I'm surprised there isn't someone on here saying Obama caused Bubu to get kicked off.
There is a reason that other player like Gary aren't kicked off. There hasn't been someone that has that appealed the decision to let them play. Let alone one that went all the way to Leath. He is a president that has to think about the university's image, liability. Etc. so you can see why he might make the decision he did. It doesn't take a conspiracy to see how he came to his decision,
Precedent is an important issue here. Whether it is right or wrong you generally have to follow previous decisions. For example if I stole $50, was caught, and wasn't punished. Someone else then stole $5 and got caught. While still wrong, unless some legislative rule changes they should get no punishment.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Aw, come on, let's keep politics out of here. CFer's, Hoiberg's, and the players' politics are not relevant here.

I guarantee many posters, coaches, and players have political views you (meaning anyone) don't agree with, no matter what they are. Many people can't accept that so might as well just ignore it completely.

I agree with you and I regret reacting when the poster tried to lay this mess at Mrs. Harkin's doorstep, which is waaay out there, and apparently waaaay off. This is most likely a case of Dr. Leath just making a very poor decision. Maybe he was pressured from someone at the BOR, but what would anybody there have against BuBu? I don't think that happened, but if it did we should have a president who does what's right for his students and not a political puppet, which I don't know is the case at all. Bottom line is it was just a very bad decision that was handled so differently from not only Albert Gary but more recently David Irving, very differently. I don't see how this can end in anything but disaster for ISU and especially ISU athletics if this proceeds to a trial. But if that's what it takes to expose some bad apples in this fiasco, it may be good for ISU in the long run.

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Mrs Harkin did not participate in the vote to deny Bubu's appeal to the BOR. She was not present at the December 04th meeting. Remember we have 9 members in the BOR and it was stated that all 8 board members present at the meeting voted against Bubu.

Check the facts. You can hear from the roll call that she wasn't present when the roll call was taken by going to the BOR site, but I'm told from an apparent reliable source that she was present when the BOR went into their closed session to review the Palo situation.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Check the facts. You can hear from the roll call that she wasn't present when the roll call was taken by going to the BOR site, but I'm told from an apparent reliable source that she was present when the BOR went into their closed session to review the Palo situation.

Illuminati. I believe you.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron