Iowa unveils blackout alternates for OSU

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Falls a little short IMO. If they would have added ANF to the jersey and pants, then really would have had something.

• Funny
Reactions: CYCLNST8

rdtindsm

Jan 30, 2008
i'm getting to be a real curmudgeon, but I have abhorred rap since I was introduced to the artl?form in the mid 80s through "rapping basketball". If I step back and ignore my prejudices, I can probably recognize good rap. This wasn't it. There is no cohesion in the lyrics, just somewhat random words presented on the beat. Was there some sort of message?

The lighting would have been improved with some. Was this shot in a cave? There was no contrast between the uniforms and the background, although I could see some yellow lines in a couple of places, as well as some sort of tiled pattern. The images were like a strobe light. May be a cool effect in some context, but I never got a sense of the whole. Does the director / producer have acute attention deficit disorder, or is he just playing to an audience that is not known for having an attention span longer than a half second?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
i'm getting to be a real curmudgeon, but I have abhorred rap since I was introduced to the artl?form in the mid 80s through "rapping basketball". If I step back and ignore my prejudices, I can probably recognize good rap. This wasn't it. There is no cohesion in the lyrics, just somewhat random words presented on the beat. Was there some sort of message?

giphy.gif

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Regardless of what I actually think, I will never give a complement to them. Even if its about there stupid uniforms.

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
I think so. And I think ISU will have some black/silver stuff next year on the field.

So the hawks are "copying" old ISU colors with this alt uniform and next year if ISU uses black, silver, and gold the hawk fans will accuse ISU of "copying" them? Will be a fun time on the in-state rivals board.

• Winner
Reactions: huntt26

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
They look really good. The Steeler style jerseys did a nice job framing players' profiles when pads were much larger in the mid 2000s i.e. the Drew Tate days. Now, along with the unique NFL sock choice, the uniforms have a chunky quality to them that can make a lot of guys look ploddy and cumbersome.

small critque tho, stencil tigerhawks on both sides.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I don't like the uni's but I must admit I didn't look at them! And as a side note can never root for the toe.