IOWA STATE TO BIG TEN?!? Dave Wannstedt thinks so.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Nah, he just moved from the gazette to the Atlantic. The quality of the reporting is still the same.

nothing he writes, or really any of the writers assigned to schools, should not be viewed through the lens of being written to say what he’s told to say.

i have read some of his stuff in the Atlantic. He’s good. But like any reporter assigned to a beat, the information they release is exactly what they’re fed.

He’s really, really moved up in the world if he’s writing for the Atlantic.

Okay, so he was fed the info, is he being lied to?

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
He’s really, really moved up in the world if he’s writing for the Atlantic.

Okay, so he was fed the info, is he being lied to?

he’s being told what is ok for public consumption.

They have to appeal to their fan base. What’s the biggest thing that could happen to make Iowa fans elated? especially after the pandemic, and the off the field program issues

I’m sure he knows about everything that’s happening behind the scenes. That doesn’t mean the Iowa AD and football program doesn’t tell him what he can and cannot print

• Haha
Reactions: Lemmiwinks

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
he’s being told what is ok for public consumption.

They have to appeal to their fan base. What’s the biggest thing that could happen to make Iowa fans elated? especially after the pandemic, and the off the field program issues

I’m sure he knows about everything that’s happening behind the scenes. That doesn’t mean the Iowa AD and football program doesn’t tell him what he can and cannot print

So he’s being lied to. Got it. The quotes were direct and to the point.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Does the Atlantic have Big Ten coverage?

They do actually, as does the big 12. The difference is they hired reporters for each of the big 10 schools.

the only schools in the current iteration of the big 12 that have their own writers are Texas and Oklahoma.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
They do actually, as does the big 12. The difference is they hired reporters for each of the big 10 schools.

the only schools in the current iteration of the big 12 that have their own writers are Texas and Oklahoma.

Do you mean the Athletic?

The Atlantic isn't really a sports mag but I haven't been over there in a while.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
So he’s being lied to. Got it. The quotes were direct and to the point.

You should probably think this one through some more.

do you think reporters in Iowa are able to freely report everything they know about the Iowa AD, or even the Iowa State or UNI or Drake athletic departments?

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008
In B1GAnon, any journalist could write "The sky is blue" and the B1GAnoners would say that guy is a hack (and then "Dumb" the post). Read the article, it's literally just a quote from Gary Barta of all people.
Excuse my ignorance, what's a B1GAnon?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You should probably think this one through some more.

do you think reporters in Iowa are able to freely report everything they know about the Iowa AD, or even the Iowa State or UNI or Drake athletic departments?

Of course not. But I'm assuming the stuff they do report is truthful.