Iowa Football: The Fake ID of College Football

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I dont think I will ever understand why ISU fans bag on Iowa for football.

The last good team you had was....... what........ 8 years ago now?

Iowa needs ISU to be good and they just arent. Just wait until Campbell wins a few games he shouldnt and leaves for a better program. It will happen and ISU fans know this. There is no way ISU will ever sustain success in football due to the fact that Iowa is the cash cow of the state. If Iowa and ISU end the series it only benefits Iowa. ISU would be lost.

Now Iowa is not perfect either. They do some pretty dumb stuff IMO but they also have won divisions and conference titles. I guess a National title in the 50s?

ISU fans also need to stop with the division 2 school beating Iowa stuff, not because it bothers me, but because they have lost to those division 2 schools like 4 times in a row!

I mean 4 times in a row is not bad, but ISU would be like 6-6 in that division of football, below UNI and NDSU and SD and SDSU and Illinois State.........

But by all means bad mouth on the Hawkeyes because Colin Cowherd makes fun of their schedule.... that ISU is on..... because it is a weak schedule..... because ISU is on it.......

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I dont think I will ever understand why ISU fans bag on Iowa for football.

The last good team you had was....... what........ 8 years ago now?

Iowa needs ISU to be good and they just arent. Just wait until Campbell wins a few games he shouldnt and leaves for a better program. It will happen and ISU fans know this. There is no way ISU will ever sustain success in football due to the fact that Iowa is the cash cow of the state. If Iowa and ISU end the series it only benefits Iowa. ISU would be lost.

Now Iowa is not perfect either. They do some pretty dumb stuff IMO but they also have won divisions and conference titles. I guess a National title in the 50s?

ISU fans also need to stop with the division 2 school beating Iowa stuff, not because it bothers me, but because they have lost to those division 2 schools like 4 times in a row!

I mean 4 times in a row is not bad, but ISU would be like 6-6 in that division of football, below UNI and NDSU and SD and SDSU and Illinois State.........

But by all means bad mouth on the Hawkeyes because Colin Cowherd makes fun of their schedule.... that ISU is on..... because it is a weak schedule..... because ISU is on it.......

I want the Iowa/ISU series to end. To say ISU would be lost if the series ends is one of the dumber things I've read on here

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I want the Iowa/ISU series to end. To say ISU would be lost if the series ends is one of the dumber things I've read on here

why? ISU has no other natural rivals and Iowa has like 4-5. What will ISU fans look forward to if the series is gone? Seriously I have no idea who they would be rivals with? KSU?

ISU has no football tradition except for being a doormat that wins games it should not sometimes. They either fire guys that win 5-6 games a year or recycle coaches that do not do well with gimmick systems. If you could provide me with some hope that ISU can do well with Campbell and he will stay in Iowa for the long haul then I will change my tone, but we have all seen this story before. And if Iowa is gone, then what do the fans have to look forward to? getting to 6 wins? Going to and winning a bowl game? I want ISU to be respectable so they need to step up and be consistent.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I'd rather play a really bad team or a better team than Iowa who we would get more credit if we won.

Like Michigan or Ohio State? or like Wisconsin? or maybe a Penn State or Michigan State? Nebraska? You mean the teams that Iowa plays and competes with and actually does beat from time to time? We have owned Michigan, Penn State, and recently Nebraska the last 4 years. Michigan State and Wisconsin are usually toss up games.

Ohio State is another animal. ISU does not play anyone like them. Oklahoma is not even on that level.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Like Michigan or Ohio State? or like Wisconsin? or maybe a Penn State or Michigan State? Nebraska? You mean the teams that Iowa plays and competes with and actually does beat from time to time? We have owned Michigan, Penn State, and recently Nebraska the last 4 years. Michigan State and Wisconsin are usually toss up games.

Ohio State is another animal. ISU does not play anyone like them. Oklahoma is not even on that level.

I'd rather play an SEC team like Arkansas or Tennessee than play Iowa.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
why? ISU has no other natural rivals and Iowa has like 4-5. What will ISU fans look forward to if the series is gone? Seriously I have no idea who they would be rivals with? KSU?

ISU has no football tradition except for being a doormat that wins games it should not sometimes. They either fire guys that win 5-6 games a year or recycle coaches that do not do well with gimmick systems. If you could provide me with some hope ISU can do well with Campbell and he will stay in Iowa for the long haul then I will change my tone, but we have all seen this story before. And if Iowa is gone, then what do the fans have to look forward to? getting to 6 wins? Going to and winning a bowl game? I want ISU to be respectable so they need to step up and be consistent.
Oh great another Hawk troll (or likely just the same person with a new username) who CLEARLY is only here for the great Hawk talk and not at all for their obsession with ISU....

Reactions: YeahBuddy

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Kirk Ferentz (19): The very face of boring, monotonous success. Sure, Iowa may not be the most exciting team, and it may not be a great team, but it's never a bad team under Ferentz. I think we take that for granted sometimes.

Pretty fair write up, good stuff.

That is not accurate though

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I'm just saying Ferentz has had multiple bad teams while at Iowa
Since his two rebuilding years, he has had one bad (4 win) season. I guess I can live with that. 1 season in 16 years (6%) was bad. Hell, you could include his first two seasons while he was "raising the standard" which would only put him at 17%. That is pretty much the definition of sustained success for non-blueblood programs.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Since his two rebuilding years, he has had one bad (4 win) season. I guess I can live with that. 1 season in 16 years (6%) was bad. Hell, you could include his first two seasons while he was "raising the standard" which would only put him at 17%. That is pretty much the definition of sustained success for non-blueblood programs.

He won one game his 1st year. That's pathetic

• Funny
Reactions: The_Gent

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017

4 wins at Iowa is bad but at isu 4 wins is "raising the standard."

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I'd rather play an SEC team like Arkansas or Tennessee than play Iowa.

Those programs are of equal or lesser success than Iowa and would do nothing to boost the attention of the game. it would be like northwestern vs Vandy. Keep trying but this is a dumb thread and I am here to point that out.

• Funny
Reactions: BigLame

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA
He won one game his 1st year. That's pathetic
Yeah, it was a pretty rough year. If I remember right the B10 schedule was unreal(I think 7 teams ended up Top 25, 4 in the top 11), also our non-con featured #2/3 Nebraska and a Danny Mac coached ISU team. Absolutely brutal. I ended up forgiving him in 2002. Man, was that a fun year.

Reactions: YeahBuddy

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Those programs are of equal or lesser success than Iowa and would do nothing to boost the attention of the game. it would be like northwestern vs Vandy. Keep trying but this is a dumb thread and I am here to point that out.

ISU would get much more respect for beating an SEC team that a middle of the pack Fake ID Big Ten team. Don't be stupid

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017
ISU would get much more respect for beating an SEC team that a middle of the pack Fake ID Big Ten team. Don't be stupid

Yes, don't be stupid it is better for isu to 3 out of every 4 to a combo of Arkansas, Tennessee or Vandy than to Iowa.