Iowa Football Recruiting

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think it'll sell big early on, then once everyone has been-there-done-that and has their commemorative cans for the man cave things will die down and a majority will go back to drinking the dull yellow domestic p*ss.

This is going to be a Golden Ale, isn't this the definition of dull yellow domestic piss?

ISU needs to get on this but with a better company than Exile, I don't like a single one of their beers.

Reactions: mitchforcy

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Per the Exile owner, if it sells as well as their best selling beer it would mean hundreds of thousands annually for the Swarm. That’s a vague number but I would almost be surprised if it’s not going to be their best selling beer.
I call BS….it’ll only be popular with some of the hack eyes … doubtful it can raise much.
Exile may regret it , I can see a lot of people who dislike the hoks staying away from exile all together….I know I will. And, let’s face it, outside of the state, Sukeyes are hated by every single fan base

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
This is going to be a Golden Ale, isn't this the definition of dull yellow domestic piss?

ISU needs to get on this but with a better company than Exile, I don't like a single one of their beers.
It seems like a no-brainer for most collectives to form some sort of partnership like this.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
An Iowa brewery with a bigger distribution network would be ideal. Confluence would be a great choice.
Exile is the second highest grossing beer producer in the state. I do wonder if they approached big grove first though.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

I don't like their beers either. I think there is one I tried that I thought was ok but that's it.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Per the Exile owner, if it sells as well as their best selling beer it would mean hundreds of thousands annually for the Swarm. That’s a vague number but I would almost be surprised if it’s not going to be their best selling beer.
I would be very surprised if it is their best selling beer.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
It looks like Boise State and Cincinnati have announced beer partnerships as well. I would think within two years if you don’t have a beer partnership, you will be in the minority.

• Agree

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
  • Agree

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Oh I have no doubt Iowa fans will consume a lot of that beer. But it’s not going to outsell Ruthie because Swarm beer is literally being made for one specific demographic.
Not to mention it would an ENORMOUS gamble by Exile to come straight out of the gate producing at Ruthie levels. My the time the season rolls around, the story will be that it is in so much demand it is hard to get. It will send some nice cash to the Shwarm but won't be anywhere near the legendary levels of attention that the Wave garners (where is the gag, choke, puke emoji?)

• Dumb
Reactions: tavrncy and 1776

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
One of the dumbest moves by Barta in his career and that’s picking from an extensive list. I could see it becoming a real issue if they underwhelm in the nonconference season and start chasing points.
Several considerations here:
1) I don't think Barta has any intention to be bound by this objective. It was done to appease the masses but if they go 9-3 and average 18 pts/game, he'll wiggle out of it. IT is a convenient clause if they go 6-6 or worse.
2) Its really only 1 more TD/game. Considering how anemic the offense was last year, a few incremental upgrades should get this for you.
3) Do we think KF/NP are going to plan the game any different than they have the last 20 years? KF has dodged bigger issues than this. I don't think they will change 1 thing in their approach. Maybe the new QB gets them a few more points but I would put over/under on avg pts/game at 20 going into this year.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron