Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm guessing all the teams you listed also lost or won against other Big 10 teams. Not sure how anyone can conclude the Big 10 is bad or good.
Alright. Are Rutgers, Michigan State, Penn State, Michigan, Nebraska, and Illinois good football teams?

Reactions: JP4CY

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
The Chiefs went from a decent playoff team to the team to beat strictly due to Patrick Mahomes, but I agree with everything else. The Patriots also weren't awful without Tom, but he made them what they are.

Love Mahomes and he improved them tremendously, but don't undersell the change in the defense. They scored two years ago with Mahomes, but couldn't stop anyone on defense - still have bad dreams about that D-Ford offsides on the interception play against the Pats! The growth of Jones at DT and additions of other top players like Clark DE and Mathiau S gave them the balance that made them the team to beat.

Reactions: Statefan10

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Do I think the Clones are probably better than Northwestern? Yes, probably. But Northwestern has beaten the teams put in front of them. Their toughest game to get to OSU undefeated is probably Minnesota. ISUs loss to Louisiana-Lafayette is really going to sting if you win out. That is the thing that is truly preventing you from having a real shot.

I "guess" it would sting. But it is what it is. What we know now, there was a lot of contact tracing prior to that first game and very little team practice. Sucks, but that's 2020. If the consolation prize is a conference title and Cotton Bowl, pretty much no ISU fans are going to be upset about not getting a chance to get blown out by Bama.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
This aged well.

Thinking about this some more, it really is startling.

Hok fan is exactly where we were, 5+ years ago.

Think about it, the might national B1G football power really has to resort to tooting their horn on another fan base website and they are celebrating being ranked 24th?!

That is what we used to relegated to. Oh the irony is delicious!

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Thinking about this some more, it really is startling.

Hok fan is exactly where we were, 5+ years ago.

Think about it, the might national B1G football power really has to resort to tooting their horn on another fan base website and they are celebrating being ranked 24th?!

That is what we used to relegated to. Oh the irony is delicious!

Who is tooting Iowa’s horn about being ranked #24. I simply pointed out how wrong someone was saying Iowa wouldn’t be ranked this week or next week.
Speaking of 5 years ago, wasn’t that when ISU basketball was pre season #7? Crazy how roles have reversed in basketball, now Iowa is preseason #5 and ISU is a dumpster fire.

• Dumb
Reactions: weeterkane

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Who is tooting Iowa’s horn about being ranked #24. I simply pointed out how wrong someone was saying Iowa wouldn’t be ranked this week or next week.
Speaking of 5 years ago, wasn’t that when ISU basketball was pre season #7? Crazy how roles have reversed in basketball, now Iowa is preseason #5 and ISU is a dumpster fire.

So how many of your current 16 commits do you think will actually sign?

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
ISU is a dumpster fire? Not easy when you're constantly putting multiple players in the NBA, while getting the state's #1 recruit. Sometimes you'll have a down year while you get your horses lined up.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
ISU is a dumpster fire? Not easy when you're constantly putting multiple players in the NBA, while getting the state's #1 recruit. Sometimes you'll have a down year while you get your horses lined up.

A down year? How about 2 out of the last 3 being trash and likely 3 of the last 4 being trash.