Iowa Football Recruiting

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Nothing about the Drake game should tell you anything. You ever watched a Camaro race a 4x4 in the snow? That was the Drake game.
While I agree with you, can you imagine what ISU fans would be saying if the shoe was on the other foot and Iowa almost lost to Drake in terrible conditions? It's just the nature of a rivalry.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
While I agree with you, can you imagine what ISU fans would be saying if the shoe was on the other foot and Iowa almost lost to Drake in terrible conditions? It's just the nature of a rivalry.

Oh, I know and completely understand it. But if we're being honest, Drake would get blown out of the water by even UNI if the conditions were better.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Nothing about the Drake game should tell you anything. You ever watched a Camaro race a 4x4 in the snow? That was the Drake game.

I agree for the most part, but you would think that ISU should have been able to just run it down Drake's throat all game. I mean we are talking about a P5 school going against a non scholarship school.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
If the Texas and WSU games would have been wins you would have a point. Nothing about those or the Drake game tell me isu would have beaten Iowa last season regardless of when the game was played .
We should've beaten WSU, but they got plenty of help. Texas was tough. They became very solid as the season went along, and they would've destroyed Iowa at that point of the season, so I'm not sure what your point is. Drake was a scrimmage in the worst conditions possible. You can't make any conclusions based on that game.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If the Texas and WSU games would have been wins you would have a point. Nothing about those or the Drake game tell me isu would have beaten Iowa last season regardless of when the game was played .
There were certainly points throughout the year where Iowa State COULD have beat Iowa. We don't know if Iowa State would have, but you're making Iowa into something they were not last year.

This is true. I still give crap to Iowa fans for the Hawks losing to that D2 basketball team.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree for the most part, but you would think that ISU should have been able to just run it down Drake's throat all game. I mean we are talking about a P5 school going against a non scholarship school.
We tried but guys couldn't keep their footing. Both offenses could barely walk a straight line without slipping and falling. Strength, speed, and agility were completely eliminated in that game and it all came down to who wanted it more. Drake wanted that game 1000% more than we did and we got lucky enough to walk away with a W.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The only difference is the game against Augustana was an actual exhibition. The Drake game was not.
The only difference? LOL. Must have been terrible weather conditions on Mediacom Court.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

There were a combined total of 172 yards rushing between the two teams. You can't establish a run game in slop. I'd like to think you're not too dense to understand that.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
We tried but guys couldn't keep their footing. Both offenses could barely walk a straight line without slipping and falling. Strength, speed, and agility were completely eliminated in that game and it all came down to who wanted it more. Drake wanted that game 1000% more than we did and we got lucky enough to walk away with a W.

I wonder how the conditions would have changed had there been field turf instead of the mud pit that grass field became.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ok take the Drake game out there was nothing about the Texas or WSU games that leads me to believe isu would have beaten Iowa last year regardless of when it was played.

Ranked teams played last year:

Iowa State - 5. Wins: @ #25 Okie State, #6 WVU / Losses: #5 Oklahoma , @ #13 Texas , #12 Washington State

Iowa - 3. Wins : #18 Mississippi / Losses: #18 Wisconsin, #17 @ Penn State

So Iowa State has two top-25 victories including one over a top 10 foe. We lose to a CFP team, a Texas team who was playing extremely well in a game to go to the B12 title, and then Washington State in the final minute of a bowl game. Iowa has a good victory in their last game of the year against a good team. Their next best victory was Iowa State because they did not beat the other two ranked opponents. How can you look at it from that perspective and think there is no way Iowa State can beat Iowa because they didn't beat TX and WSU when Iowa couldn't beat Wisconsin or Penn State?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I wonder how the conditions would have changed had there been field turf instead of the mud pit that grass field became.
I will agree that turf definitely would've helped in that game.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Just got up to speed on this thread. My conclusion is that Hawkeye fans need to stop breeding with their kin.

• Agree
Reactions: bherren

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
You are an obsession
I cannot sleep
I am your possession
Unopened at your feet
There's no balance
No equality
Be still I will not accept defeat

I will have you