Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Needless to say, Brock is a very good RB. I would have loved for Iowa to have him. But I also really like Goodson, and he looks very good too. Both teams did well at the RB position.

As I say that watch Breece and Byrd be the ones to emerge from both schools.

Relying on Goodson to be your bell cow RB is a bold strategy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
And to the whole Brock fiasco, or whatever you want to call it, Iowa would have taken him and Goodson if they knew someone was going to leave the program. It is what it is, Brock was Iowa bound and was told to commit or his spot was gone. Well, someone else took it first. It is all in the Goodson article on rivals.com

Man for all the crap Hawk fans talk about PJ Fleck...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Most of the ISU posters here had 2 or 3 OL on the All-Iowa team so I'm just going by that. That, and the fact that the B12 doesn't have NFL talent, especially on the D-line.
So you can't think for yourself?

SilverBack

Oct 4, 2018
Last time he thought for himself he said Eisworth wasn't any good, Shayok was a waste of a scholarship and thought Stanley was better than Purdy

You said Noah Fant wasn't good enough to play in the BIG and that Hockenson would play LB... fast forward to them both being All-American TE's

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Relying on Goodson to be your bell cow RB is a bold strategy

I tend to agree there, but he is not all that small. What is odd is that Goodson is a fit for a spread RB, short screen game. Brock is the 3 down Greene type RB. I am thinking BF wants to do the NE type offense with the RBs. It all makes sense with the TEs getting huge exposure, how they are recruiting RBs and playing them. We just lack that QB talent for that short passing offense. I am thinking we are starting to recruit for it at the QB position too with the last 2 QBs we have gotten.